nedyarb

Glue For Pvc Wires

I use sst screw eyes, coated with crazy glue, for hook hangers and line ties.

I use D2T for bills, and that is what I would use for twist wire inserts if I used them.

For prototypes, and bills that don't have a line tie, crazy glue holds just fine.

Thanks Mark, I originally was using Gorilla glue,which expanded andmade a huge mess. Then I tried some cheap Walmart SUPER glue that did not hold. But I tried Gorilla Super Glue that does not expand, and that sems to work. Thanks

I use Flex Coat Five-Minute epoxy glue for most of my lures. I also use their 2-hour cure epoxy occasionally, but for the most part I stick with the Five-Minute epoxy. Lately I've been looking at using a metal filled epoxy paste such as J.B. Weld. Five minute epoxy works great, but it sets up quickly so you can only do one or two lures at once. You can do a large batch of lures at once with 2-hour epoxies, but they have a tendency to run and they don't fill in ballast holes as well. Using a paste-type epoxy seems like it would solve both of those problems: you'd have plenty of working time, but you could still fill in holes with the epoxy and not have it drip. I think either J.B. Weld or the Metal Set A-4 epoxy from Mudhole will do the job.