Thad

Dipping Blade Question?

Maybe a dumb question but I can't seem to put my head around it.

I haven't tried using a dipping blade yet but how do you get the lure off

the blade after you have finished the bait? Seems like the whole bait

would rip when trying to pull out the big tail part.

All you have to do is spray a little Pam or similar product on the blade and spread it around with your fingers. This will allow the bait to slide off easily.

Oh, by the way, there are no dumb questions; only dumb answers. If you don't know or don't understand; just ask.

www.novalures.com

Edited by nova

back when i was using a bunch of homemade dipping blades for 4-7" swim baits i would take scotch brite pads and smooth the edges of the blade that way i didnt need any lubricant to get the baits off the blade. just be sure when you are dipping them you dont get a build up on one side versus the other or you will end up with a bunch of baits that roll instead of swimming true

I am wanting to start dipping my own swimbaits and was curious what plastic does everyone like? not so much the brand but how soft? will lurecraft 502 be good? or are you guys using super soft plastic for these things? i want to get a order of plastic coming and i hate getting stuff that doesnt work right. thanks

Edited by JHodgie