Bass maniac

Dt2 Oops!

Hello everyone! ;) I would like to start out by saying thank you to all of you for the awesome help and tips on here. My question is I started top coating a few of my lures today and the first couple I was unsure how much time I really had for the dt2 and I rushed and missed a few little spots! Can I apply a coat over the missed spots or just recoat the entire bait?

I also made my lure rotater today out of an old windshield wiper motor mounted on a tripod. It works really well and the wiper motor was free and I had the tripod and never used it so it was an inexpensive project to say the least! Thanks again guys! :)

Hello everyone! ;) I would like to start out by saying thank you to all of you for the awesome help and tips on here. My question is I started top coating a few of my lures today and the first couple I was unsure how much time I really had for the dt2 and I rushed and missed a few little spots! Can I apply a coat over the missed spots or just recoat the entire bait?

I've sometimes been able to lay a perfect little pool of D2T into a missed spot. If you take your time and the spot is small, it's feasible. If you think it's not gonna work, better to re-coat the whole lure. The epoxy will tend to fill the hole and level out smoothly over the bait. After a few of these episodes, you develop a methodical routine to avoid any missed spots while coating the lure quickly. The time pressure is one reason I often thin my epoxy by mixing a few drops of denatured alcohol into the mix. It will increase the brushing time by at least a minute and will not retard the final cure time siginificantly. Even with thinning, I usually mix enough D2T for only 2 baits, 3 max.