mkvnmtr

Jig Skirt

I have a contract to make a squid type jig. I am looking for a silicon skirt like the Shimano Lucanos skirt. I can buy the Shimano skirt and it will work but the best price I have found is $2.00 each. I am located in Mexico and the custom duties on made in China products is prohibitive. I am looking for an something similar made in the US or even Europe. Or maybe some ideas about making them myself. A plain skirt will just not be good enough to make the sale. Does anybody have any ideas?

I have a contract to make a squid type jig. I am looking for a silicon skirt like the Shimano Lucanos skirt. I can buy the Shimano skirt and it will work but the best price I have found is $2.00 each. I am located in Mexico and the custom duties on made in China products is prohibitive. I am looking for an something similar made in the US or even Europe. Or maybe some ideas about making them myself. A plain skirt will just not be good enough to make the sale. Does anybody have any ideas?

Hi

Don't give up on importing from China. Like Mexico we have tough import duties to pay but I have found the Chinese will mark up customs labels as gifts which prevents them attracting duty. That's here and I suspect Mexico will be similar.

philB