RayburnGuy

Help Mixing Root Beer

7 posts in this topic

I've looked at quite a few variations of the root beer color and am a bit confused. Anyone have any ideas as to what colors to mix to get root beer?

thanks guys,

Ben

Hey Ben......I don't personally mix my own rootbeer.. I shoot different layers to achieve it. I use createx paints. First I shoot a Pearl Pineapple, then a light coat of Transparent Sunrise yellow, then a light coat of Transparent Light Brown... you can shoot the Sunrise a little heavier for a deeper rootbeer..

I guess each person had there own variation of rootbeer but I mix trans light brown with a little yellow and a drop or so of trans violet. But I'm usually shooting it over a orange chartreuse color on craw baits.

Thanks for the help guys. I'll give these suggestions a try.

Ben

Ben could you send me a pm.....i sent out a few and for some reason i don' t think i've been getting the pm back....someone else said they where having the same problems....Thanks for your time

Brent

Ben could you send me a pm.....i sent out a few and for some reason i don' t think i've been getting the pm back....someone else said they where having the same problems....Thanks for your time

Brent

PM sent.