Kris

Got A Dumb Question ....

well I'm a amateur craftsman on a budget. Hobby Lobby sells a house brand called "Anitas" Acrylic paints. The Lemon Lime is as close to a good chartreuse as I've found, and its $.69 a bottle . Other than that I just mix green and yellow till I get the right shade.

Edited by ProP-JunKie

If you've got some fluorescent yellow you can mix a couple drops of brite blue into it to get a really vibrant chartreuse. Or any yellow with a few drops of blue will give you varying shades of green. It's best if you add your darker colors into the lighter color a drop or two at the time. This way you can sneak up on the shade you want without wasting paint.

Createx makes fluorescent paints under 3 different lines: Airbrush colors, Auto Air, and Wicked. And yes It'lI be the fluoro green you want. don't know what the differences are except that you can get the airbrush colors in 2 oz bottles, others are only available in 4 oz, and Createx says you can use Wicked transparent base to extend Wicked colors for a "candy effect". They don't say whether you can do this with fluorescents and I'll hope somebody will chime in here. Some fluorescents aren't on their website - you gotta order the catalog to find 'em. I have to wonder if the last two fluoro product lines are a cut above.

Yellow+blue=green

Color+Clear or extender = weaker, more transparent color

white= lighter or creamier shade

black = darker shade

You could try mixing fluoro green with reg green for stained water or go full fluoro for muddy.

I wonder if you could make fluorescent brown?:lolhuh:

What about the color of green on the back?

The body is chartreuse. I was just wondering the color of green people used for the back.

Well I used JoAnns Fabrics house brand. I used the Sour Apple for side/back and Hunter green for spine.... Here are the first 2 lures I ever painted, so please look past the imperfections, but I think the colors came out ok, for $.50 a bottle paint.

IMG_1291.JPG

P3230002.JPG

IMG_1291.JPG

P3230002.JPG

IMG_1291.JPG

P3230002.JPG

IMG_1291.JPG

P3230002.JPG

IMG_1291.JPG

P3230002.JPG

IMG_1291.JPG

P3230002.JPG