mark poulson

Format Change

I tried to post this on the site forums, but couldn't, so I'm posting it here.

This morning, around 5:30, I couldn't access the site. That lasted until around 7:00, and then, when I finally could access it, the format had changed.

Is it just me, or did something here change?

I actually like the format that was here yesterday.

I did notice that my classifieds link does not work anymore. Anyone else ?

I can't even find a classified link anymore.

The downloads tab isn't working, either.

I think it's just a question of the IT people getting everything sorted out, just like the last time.

I just hope this is another improvement. I was just getting used to the last edition.

There is always someone who want leave well enough alone.....I thought everything was fine to begin with.....But i guess opinions are like..ear.....holes everyone has one...trying to be nice if you know what i mean.....

Edited by Double Trouble Lures

Yeah something has changed. Tried to upload some new pics to the gallery with both the upload features and nothing. A good thing should be left alone.

I was able to upload some pictures this morning, but the feature is extremely awkward to use, and overly complicated, at least for me.

I sure hope the day by day inclusion of more and more things means they're still work out the bugs, and this format will get better, and easier to use.

Had this been a planned change, Jerry would have told us in advance. When the system went down, I got system error warnings, not a TU notice. This tells me something went very wrong.

I think this is a previous version of the forum software, as I recognise the PM notification.

All the small stuff is missing, like adds, chat link and everything else that was on the forum page, but has anyone noticed how fast the system is, without all the little extras? My page is loading in less than three seconds. Personally, I would take the speed and lose anything that slowed the system down.

I am sure Jerry will tell us what is happening soon.

Dave

Correct, it was an unintentional problem.

I apologize.....I'm not too happy either.

I usually perform all site upgrades, but i've been having issues with an unused part of the site lately.

I took "advantage" of a service from the software developers and asked if they would upgrade that ONE unused section since everytime I perform maintenance I end up having to call on them for support anyway. (they encode the software so I cant edit it.)

Long story short, I shoulda done it myself, they upgraded the GALLERY without my consent, which I was intentionally avoiding, because I personally liked the old gallery just fine.

I can revert or rollback, but the new gallery release will be mandatory soon (in order to remain compatible w/ the forum) so I'll apologize again & ask that everyone try & enjoy the upgraded gallery.

Thank you.

Jerry,

Thanks for the update.

They must still be working on something, because it's slow again.

And you're right, the old gallery was much simpler and easier.

It's frustrating when you can't fix stuff yourself.

I no longer work on my cars and trucks, because everything is computerized, and you need to "read the codes", or something like that.

I actually don't miss the Sta-lube sessions afterwards. But I do miss being able to understand what's going on with my vehicles.

Edited by mark poulson

Correct, it was an unintentional problem.

I apologize.....I'm not too happy either.

I usually perform all site upgrades, but i've been having issues with an unused part of the site lately.

I took "advantage" of a service from the software developers and asked if they would upgrade that ONE unused section since everytime I perform maintenance I end up having to call on them for support anyway. (they encode the software so I cant edit it.)

Long story short, I shoulda done it myself, they upgraded the GALLERY without my consent, which I was intentionally avoiding, because I personally liked the old gallery just fine.

I can revert or rollback, but the new gallery release will be mandatory soon (in order to remain compatible w/ the forum) so I'll apologize again & ask that everyone try & enjoy the upgraded gallery.

Thank you.

Is this why my gallery is empty?

Has this affected the Search Feature as well? When I go to Search a topic, I use to get hundreds and hundreds of posts that went back for years. But now, all I get is a few pages of topics that only go back 3 to 6 months.. I tried to look to see if there was someplace that I needed to change a setting, but couldn't find anything.

Anyone got any suggestions or help??

Brandon

Is it possible to add the author on the gallery pics, at least in the 'detail' format. The first thing anyone wants to know is who made the bait. Having to load up the thread just to find the name is a real pain.

Dave

Gallery should default to "detail'ed view now, including author info.

Is this why my gallery is empty?

?? Here is a link to your uploads:

http://www.tackleunderground.com/community/index.php?app=gallery&module=user&section=user&user=17498

Not sure what trouble your having, let me know if it persists.

Has this affected the Search Feature as well? When I go to Search a topic, I use to get hundreds and hundreds of posts that went back for years. But now, all I get is a few pages of topics that only go back 3 to 6 months.. I tried to look to see if there was someplace that I needed to change a setting, but couldn't find anything.

Anyone got any suggestions or help??

Brandon

Double check this link:

http://www.tackleunderground.com/community/index.php?app=core&module=usercp

you can optionally set your "search settings" to "show me all content that I have not read".