Big Boy Baits

Melting Gulp For Pouring?

Okay, so I won a bag of small Gulp minnows, but they are a style and size that I will never use. I was about to remelt them, but I felt the material, and the scent oils and stuff, and I thought to ask first, so I don't blow up my microwave or something along those lines. Has anyone ever tried this before?

Thanks in advance!

Okay, so I won a bag of small Gulp minnows, but they are a style and size that I will never use. I was about to remelt them, but I felt the material, and the scent oils and stuff, and I thought to ask first, so I don't blow up my microwave or something along those lines. Has anyone ever tried this before?

Thanks in advance!

I can't speak for the Gulp, but they few pieces of powerbait that sneak into my remelts, become fairly obvious, by the smell! never had an eruption. I'd just sell them.

From reading Berkley's Patents and stuff

They developed a different plastic that is not really compatible with plastisol. I don't like it because it does not take dip dyes very well and drys out.

Not to mention it really will not melt and remix.

Besides it stinks (per wifey).... I like to pre-rig my lures on the kitchen table and the wifey said no to anything that smells bad.

Maybe x-wifey, said something about pouring one more bait one night and she was finished with me. I poured a few.

Regards

Mark

Just wash them in detergent water. Towel them dry . hit them with a hair dryer . cook those dudes pour. I agree with the stinking part 100% . Sneak up on the heat cause if you get it so hot it sort of smokes Bad Bad news . Nose full of that and the best you will get is a sinus infection . Take it from a guy who's experiments have often brought him remorse later.

Hi I tried melting some gulps and they just didn't set ? is that because they might of had a bit of water in with them I washed them off and dried them with paper towel but no hair dryer plastics just stayed like past for hours before I tipped them back out of the moulds.

4 hours ago, 123abc said:

Hi I tried melting some gulps and they just didn't set ? is that because they might of had a bit of water in with them I washed them off and dried them with paper towel but no hair dryer plastics just stayed like past for hours before I tipped them back out of the moulds.

Gulp is waterbased and not a plastisol at all therefore it will not process the same

• Like 1