spoonpluggergino

Tutorials

Hello everyone

I am an avid muskie hunter and a spoonplugger. I have been reading all your post from painting to building baits, you guys really rock. I want to thank the guys that put information how to build a lure turner , I have purchased the material to build it. I will build in the near future, very easy to build once ideas are given, thank you.

Last year I started building bucktails and DCG done really well. I built a simple tool to twist the wire to make a loop for .051 and .62 wire, I form the loop with knipex round pliers, than I use the tool to twist the wire, they come out perfect. I Like to make some contribution to this board once I get a litle more familiar how this site works. I will post drawing and pictures of the wire twist tool, if it is allowed.

I do have a question, I am a litle confused or maybe not looking in the right place. Is there a TUTORIAL section. I been finding lots of good information just by using the SEARCH function

Gino Testone

Hello everyone

I am an avid muskie hunter and a spoonplugger. I have been reading all your post from painting to building baits, you guys really rock. I want to thank the guys that put information how to build a lure turner , I have purchased the material to build it. I will build in the near future, very easy to build once ideas are given, thank you.

Last year I started building bucktails and DCG done really well. I built a simple tool to twist the wire to make a loop for .051 and .62 wire, I form the loop with knipex round pliers, than I use the tool to twist the wire, they come out perfect. I Like to make some contribution to this board once I get a litle more familiar how this site works. I will post drawing and pictures of the wire twist tool, if it is allowed.

I do have a question, I am a litle confused or maybe not looking in the right place. Is there a TUTORIAL section. I been finding lots of good information just by using the SEARCH function

Gino Testone

Forums tab under knowledge base - member submitted tutorials. Good luck with the tutorial, I'd like to see it.

Gino,

Good to see you on here. I have been lurking on here for some time. Love to tinker and paint. These guys do some amazing work! I have a sandblaster and have been blasting the paint off some of my old Spoonplugs and trying to come up with some cool designs. The shape of Spoonplugs does not make it easy. I know color doesn't matter to us Spoonpluggers but it's fun to see what kind of cool designs I can come up with.

Bart

Gino,

Good to see you on here. I have been lurking on here for some time. Love to tinker and paint. These guys do some amazing work! I have a sandblaster and have been blasting the paint off some of my old Spoonplugs and trying to come up with some cool designs. The shape of Spoonplugs does not make it easy. I know color doesn't matter to us Spoonpluggers but it's fun to see what kind of cool designs I can come up with.

Bart

Hello Bart

I dod not know if you are the same Bart that post on spoonplugger net, but any way is nice to meet you. Glad that you are interested in spoonplugging, it is an awsome knoledge base and method of fishing. I am thinkering with a design of a wood spoonplug, it will not replace the spoonplug, I am doing more in the honor and remembering our teacher and mentor Mr. Buck Perry. I am keeping the profile the same as the spoonplug, going to install a longer lip to give the plug a larger profile for the mukie fishing.

I just finished making a lure turner, it came out great but the motor as a dead spot , hopefully Home Depot will replace it. I just purchased last week but I used all the hardware to make the turner. Ho well if not will have to spend another 45.00 for another rotisserie motor

Hello Bart

I dod not know if you are the same Bart that post on spoonplugger net, but any way is nice to meet you. Glad that you are interested in spoonplugging, it is an awsome knoledge base and method of fishing. I am thinkering with a design of a wood spoonplug, it will not replace the spoonplug, I am doing more in the honor and remembering our teacher and mentor Mr. Buck Perry. I am keeping the profile the same as the spoonplug, going to install a longer lip to give the plug a larger profile for the mukie fishing.

I just finished making a lure turner, it came out great but the motor as a dead spot , hopefully Home Depot will replace it. I just purchased last week but I used all the hardware to make the turner. Ho well if not will have to spend another 45.00 for another rotisserie motor

If it is just the motor you need and you have to purchase another one, Ace Hardware carries them (just the motor) for $18. It came be ordered online and delivered free to your local Ace.

Hello Bart