thundercat

Scales And Holographic Help

I am working on making some LC 78 and 100 jerk bait replicas in a specific color. They are the aurora gold and american shad. I have purchased the holo scale and holo water mark foil tranfer material. Has anyone had anyluck with this process and could share advice or pointers on application? See pics below of what im trying to acomplish. Thanks.

PT100-256AGO.jpg

Pointer sp.jpg

PT100-256AGO.jpg

Pointer sp.jpg

PT100-256AGO.jpg

Pointer sp.jpg

PT100-256AGO.jpg

Pointer sp.jpg

PT100-256AGO.jpg

Pointer sp.jpg

PT100-256AGO.jpg

Pointer sp.jpg

PT100-256AGO.jpg

Pointer sp.jpg

PT100-256AGO.jpg

Pointer sp.jpg

post-26244-0-98217800-1303219817_thumb.jpg

post-26244-0-22360700-1303219829_thumb.jpg

If the adhesive foil is thick, the hardest part may be smoothing it over the bait's curved surfaces so creases and folds don't show. I would put on the foil and then put a color basecoat of white acrylic paint on the belly and back. Use a Q-tip dipped in denatured alcohol to clean overspray off the foil. At that point, a lot of guys will apply a clearcoat of epoxy or another product to nail down the edges of the foil and make the margins less noticeable, plus provide a surface that will adhere to paint better than raw foil. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't, depending on how thick and slick the foil is. In either case, after that, you're ready to paint and do a final clearcoat.

I am working on making some LC 78 and 100 jerk bait replicas in a specific color. They are the aurora gold and american shad. I have purchased the holo scale and holo water mark foil tranfer material. Has anyone had anyluck with this process and could share advice or pointers on application? See pics below of what im trying to acomplish. Thanks.

PT100-256AGO.jpg

Pointer sp.jpg

where do did you buy the holo scale and holo water mark foil tranfer material ?

The foil you are looking for is made by Jones Tones Foils. That style is called silver laser drops. There is no edge to cover up because this is a transfer foil. Apply glue, apply foil and peel off the face leaving the foil on the lures. Do the sides in the foil, paint the belly and back, clear coat and done!