elpezrosa.com

Material Lip?

Yep, it's G10 aka FR4 aka Micarta aka circuit board. It is manufactured in many different colors, not just white. In fact, white is often hard to find. Several of the online tackle makers like Janns Netcraft sell pre-made white circuit board lips, or you can buy sheets to cut your own.

Yep, it's G10 aka FR4 aka Micarta aka circuit board. It is manufactured in many different colors, not just white. In fact, white is often hard to find. Several of the online tackle makers like Janns Netcraft sell pre-made white circuit board lips, or you can buy sheets to cut your own.

where do you find the white garolite in sheets?????? thanks nugene

From past experience, it is easier to just order pre cut lips from jannsnetcraft. I tried making my own and spent about 10 times what it costs from janns. Rob

thanks nebyarb......i make a few lips on a table router......they are fine for me......probably don't save anything but i do have the ability to make different types of lips......mcmaster carr has the white but their price has gone from $5 to $17.50 for a 12"x12" piece!!!!!!that's why i'm LOOKING .........thanks and any other help would be appreciated......nugene

McMaster at $17/sq ft? Wow! I assume that's not G-10 but some other grade circuit board. G-10 is the basic grade designation. There are different grades with different "G numbers" made from different substrates and different thermoset plastics with higher durability, more fire retardancy, etc. Their G10 board was around $6/sq ft but it was a dull yellow color that I don't like. I did like their G-11 board which was an attractive light green color but cost a few bucks more. You can peruse the grade specs at their website.

The last white G-10 I found was at asprocketry./com, an amateur rocket builders site. Somebody told me their G-10 is no longer white, so I can only suggest you inquire about color before you buy from any online source. Most users don't care about color,but most of us crankbait makers do.

BTW - McMaster-Carr carries circuit board under the generic name of GAROLITE (yet another aka for circuit board!).

As far as "why buy sheets?" - because you're out in the cold if Janns doesn't happen to carry that pre-cut size/shape among their limited selection! One 12"x12" sheet will make LOTS of lips!

McMaster at $17/sq ft? Wow! I assume that's not G-10 but some other grade circuit board. G-10 is the basic grade designation. There are different grades with different "G numbers" made from different substrates and different thermoset plastics with higher durability, more fire retardancy, etc. Their G10 board was around $6/sq ft but it was a dull yellow color that I don't like. I did like their G-11 board which was an attractive light green color but cost a few bucks more. You can peruse the grade specs at their website.

The last white G-10 I found was at asprocketry./com, an amateur rocket builders site. Somebody told me their G-10 is no longer white, so I can only suggest you inquire about color before you buy from any online source. Most users don't care about color,but most of us crankbait makers do.

BTW - McMaster-Carr carries circuit board under the generic name of GAROLITE (yet another aka for circuit board!).

As far as "why buy sheets?" - because you're out in the cold if Janns doesn't happen to carry that pre-cut size/shape among their limited selection! One 12"x12" sheet will make LOTS of lips!