spoonpluggergino

Question About Color Wheel

I have been searching and reading lots of good information from the TU members, great info.

The question I have is about mixing colors, I do know there is the COOK BOOK with lots of color recepies, it is great, but for a beginner like me it is a litle intimidating. At some point I know I will have to just do it and learn by trial and error. The only way to learn is to get started , but is good to have some good basic ideas. I know that Red Yellow and Green are the basic primari colors to use for mixing. Now for the question. Is anyone here has used color wheels that give you some ideas when certain colors are mixed to the end resolts. Is it worthed to purchase one of these gadgets, or is it a waste of money

Gino

spoonpluggergino

I see no point in spending money. All the information is on the web. Just do some Googling. You need to learn not only about mixing solid colors, but also mixing light and its effects, as with clear plastic, that is what you are dealing with. There are lots of published graphics on the web and you can even Google specific colors and find out how to mix them.

Once you get a feel for the theory, the practice will become a bit easier.

Dave

Well, hats off to anyone who plans to buy 3 bottles of airbrush paint and derive all the colors he needs by mixing them. My paint box holds about 30 bottles and is always overflowing! Paint just isn't that expensive and a 4 oz bottle lasts a long time when you're using only a few drops at a time. My attitude is I'd rather be shooting paint than endlessly mixing it. And unless you become expert at it, you'll waste lots of paint trying to get the colors you want. I pre-mix a few colors (bone, mustard, etc). Sometimes I'll add a little of a different color to a bottle of paint to modify it's hue. But mostly I search brands to get the exact colors I want and for intermediate colors, I try layering translucent colors (Createx calls them transparent colors) rather than mixing them. Besides, what about the many pearl, metallic, neon, etc color effects that make crankbaits more life-like? Crankbaits look pretty dull without them, IMO. I'm not sure the fish will care, but am pretty sure the fisherman will.