Bass maniac

Megabass Griffin Sr Ko's

OK Guy's

I just got back from testing some lures

I tested 2 of these megabass griffin knock offs and they swim, both of them I had to tune them as they both ran a hard left but once tuned they ran just fine, they have always swam tipped a tad to the right but they run straight.

I used a 7' med action kistler rod with 12lb seaguar abrax X flourocarbon line, I put 6mm split rings on everything and #6 mustad tripple grip hooks.

I also tested a square bill because I have herd from rummers they do not swim right and roll and leak.

My result were using 6mm split rings and #2 mustad tripple grip hooks,

The lure ran to the left, I tuned it and it rolled, I tuned it again and it ran straight as it is suppose to.

As far as leaking, these things are designed to be able to change out the weight and rattles.

If they leak then they are not screwed in correctly.

Also I tested my square bill with the lip rounded off on the corners as people do not like the looks of this lure but I have sold over 10,000 of these.

I am going to have a new mold built of the RC 2.5 just because of the new lure knock out there my sales have slowed down on those so in about 2 months I hope I will have the new lure at a resonable price.

For those that have my square bill take a fine tooth file and round the corners off, it only takes about 5 to 10 seconds on each corner.

Here is a picture of one I did.

dsc015881.jpg

Jim,

You've never seen an order from me, but I've been browsing your products. It's good to see you handling this so competently.

Thanks,

Jeff, I still will send you 25 lures for the way I acted.

I would like it if you would send me one of those lures that will not swim so I can test it.

You can keep the rest if you want.

My jerk shad, I had a guy say they will not swim, I refunded him all his money and asked him to send me one, he sent it to me and I found that he had to much clear coat on the nose, when I went to tune it a chunk of clear coat broke off and the lure swam fine after that.

I had another guy say the square bills would not swim, he sent them back and I refunded him his money, I gave them to one of my regular customers and never heard a peap about them.

Edited by Predator Bass Baits

Jeff,

I know this is not a good excuse of why I acted the way I did but the same time you emailed me I was dealling with another issue a custom painter posted on a different forum were he said on this forum that the lures were all junk but one and one other one worked only a certain way.

This guy spent $500 on lures last year and bought 7 different styles out of 25 styles, 4 of those styles he kept buying all year long and I found out that the other 3 styles he only bought once of each, one of those were the square bill and the other 2 he did not even try.

So he posted on this forum that all the ko'offs were junk, he did not mention my name but the lures he did mention I am the only one selling them.

I was angry over this because he said they were all junk and he only tried 5 styles and 4 of those he kept buying, he said he would not buy anymore because he could not sell them with integrity.

So long story short he dogged 22 lures that he never even tried but made it look like they were all junk in a open forum so at the time you emailed me I was dealing with that and I just took your comment along with what I was feeling at that same time.

Sorry.....

Jim, I'm glad that you steped up and apologized to me personaly it was a good jesture and I thank you for that, and except it also. And I will do business with you again. I was very angry about the whole deal and I cracked open all of the lures and took the ballast out of them in case I neede to add weight to future baits etc. I appreciate the offer for the 25 baits also but seeing I don't have the proof I wouldn't feel right taking them. I did run the stumpys last night and after a little tune up they ran great I would recommend them to you guys. They do have loose hook hangers put after pulling on a few more last night I feel they would hold up.

Thanks again Jim

Hi,

I have bought maybe 5 - 6 styles from Jim/Predator and always great service. You do have to tune most of them extensivley but once you get them going they are fine. And if for personal use, painting practice or research of TC's and such they are great!

BUT and this is just my humble opinion... I Personally would not sell some of the cheaper KO's from Predator or any other dealer. The finish quality just isnt up to par with something i would want my name on, But for a around a buck a piece what do you expect!!! I do however have a blast painting these KO's and trying new schemes on them. Then I toss them in to the heaviest cover i can find and catch some nice fish. Take the Griffins for example... they have a great little wobble and catch a ton of fish. If you took the time to sand/clean up the seams and bill then they would be very nice looking bait. For the price and elbow grease its unbeatable depending of course what your elbow grease is worth to ya!

Jim, Do you plan on getting some of the nicer ABS baits that have been coming out recently? They cost 3-4 times as much but the quality is pretty nice. I dont have to do a thing to them, just paint and go. Also, could you get a square bill without that goofy adjustable hole on the bottom. I hate that thing! lol but thats my pet peeve i guess!

Hi,

I have bought maybe 5 - 6 styles from Jim/Predator and always great service. You do have to tune most of them extensivley but once you get them going they are fine. And if for personal use, painting practice or research of TC's and such they are great!

BUT and this is just my humble opinion... I Personally would not sell some of the cheaper KO's from Predator or any other dealer. The finish quality just isnt up to par with something i would want my name on, But for a around a buck a piece what do you expect!!! I do however have a blast painting these KO's and trying new schemes on them. Then I toss them in to the heaviest cover i can find and catch some nice fish. Take the Griffins for example... they have a great little wobble and catch a ton of fish. If you took the time to sand/clean up the seams and bill then they would be very nice looking bait. For the price and elbow grease its unbeatable depending of course what your elbow grease is worth to ya!

Jim, Do you plan on getting some of the nicer ABS baits that have been coming out recently? They cost 3-4 times as much but the quality is pretty nice. I dont have to do a thing to them, just paint and go. Also, could you get a square bill without that goofy adjustable hole on the bottom. I hate that thing! lol but thats my pet peeve i guess!

Thanks for the promps,

I am working on some things.

Sorry for the slow down in your sales it may of kinda been caused by me on the 2.5's. I was just sick of seeing bustin get $4 a bait on these and that was not right for the knockoffs. They should be priced around $2 a bait and that is what I price them at. The 1.5's should be here by the start of next month and the samples ran good so these should be dynamite on the water.

I forgot I ran one of jims (predatorbassbaits) predator 4" jerk bait tonight and pounded the smallmouths in the river!! I need to fool with the weight and try to get them to suspend and that would make them killer.great looking bait though and good action and proof is in the pudding they catch fish!