Bass maniac

Megabass Griffin Sr Ko's

I recently bought some megabass griffin ko's and took the time to paint some real good paint jobs and ran a few today and they will not run at all. All they do is swim in circles on top of the water. I noticed the hook hangers and the lie tie eyes all had a lot of play in them and I am using splint rings on all three. I was wondering if anyone else tried these and how they got there's to run? Thanks guys!

I recently bought some megabass griffin ko's and took the time to paint some real good paint jobs and ran a few today and they will not run at all. All they do is swim in circles on top of the water. I noticed the hook hangers and the lie tie eyes all had a lot of play in them and I am using splint rings on all three. I was wondering if anyone else tried these and how they got there's to run? Thanks guys!

I got a couple of from bustin bass baits and they run fine with a wide wiggle. Check to see if the ballast was put inside when they were manufactured. There should be one medium size ball bearing in front of the belly hanger (fixed). There should be a lead strip running along the bottom of the belly behind the hook hanger. The strip is loosely held in place by internal plastic molding so that it makes a restrained rattle noise when the bait shakes. Also check the hollow in the front of the bait to be sure the passages are clear and you didn't block one with clear coat. 2 small holes on either side of the line tie. 2 small holes at the sides behind the mouth. 2 large holes at the eye recesses.

The hardware in mine is fixed solid, no play. That your's is loose suggests the bait may not have been glued together properly when assembled.

Whatever the problem, I'd return it to the seller describing the problem and let him replace them.

OOPs, I was talking about Megabass SR-X clones from Bustinbass Baits, not Megabass Griffins.

I ordered a few baits recently from Bustin Bass, specifically choosing models that said "made in Japan". The prices were a little higher but I got what I paid for. All of them work fine, the internals are similar to the commercial baits they clone (very important!), and the hangers and line tie were all solid.

Some Griffins I got from a different source last year would only run straight at slow speed, not what you want in a shallow crankbait. One of them had a ballast ball stuck off-center and I had to drill it out and fix the bait before painting. I wouldn't buy them again. Life is too short! Buying clones is a learning experience. As far as quality goes, I'm always skeptical. Check the number and placement of ballast balls, whether any are stuck off center. The line tie and hangers should all be solid. If not, I suspect the halves of the bait did not align properly when it was welded. They can sand the seam down to hide that problem but the bait will not be balanced.

I would test swim any remaining baits before finishing them. Then contact the seller, describe the problem and ask for replacement of any bad baits with a different model. If the ones you got were bad, others from the same batch probably are too. Fortunately, the sellers are almost always responsive to problems.

Well I emailed the seller today about exchanging the baits for another model and I was told that they have sold thousands of those and no one has ever COMPLAINED about them not swimming right and that they would take them back and sell them to somebody else because they guarentee they swim correctly! And that if I send them back and they don't swim correct they would pay the shipping! So yea wow wasn't expecting that I would be called a LIAR so I think I will just throw them in the trash and the lession learned in life that I will not ever do business with that company again and be treated with disrespect!!! And also I will not name who I purchased them from because I am a bigger person than that!!! So barr1550 you my friend are a LIAR as well if you bought from the same place!! And I'm in the same boat eating $25 big ones plus shipping!!

Well I emailed the seller today about exchanging the baits for another model and I was told that they have sold thousands of those and no one has ever COMPLAINED about them not swimming right and that they would take them back and sell them to somebody else because they guarentee they swim correctly! And that if I send them back and they don't swim correct they would pay the shipping! So yea wow wasn't expecting that I would be called a LIAR so I think I will just throw them in the trash and the lession learned in life that I will not ever do business with that company again and be treated with disrespect!!! And also I will not name who I purchased them from because I am a bigger person than that!!! So barr1550 you my friend are a LIAR as well if you bought from the same place!! And I'm in the same boat eating $25 big ones plus shipping!!

BM, I understand your mind set, but you are letting this guy get away with it, but what is worse, is that he will continue to use this 'indignant' ploy and rip off others with his bad product. You perhaps should have eaten another $3 for the team, :rolleyes:. At least then you could hit him in the feedback and ruin thin months 100% feedback record. When someone makes me angry, I find the best solution is to send the anger back to where it came from.

Dave

I just don't know what to think about keeping your mouth shut......That means all the members of TU could be getting taken by the same A------- hole as you did. I thought we were suppose to help each other out.....JMO......If it ever happens to me you can bet your box of crankbaits i'll let everyone know who it was..........And if that makes me a smaller man then so be it......Thanks for your time...

Brent

Edited by Double Trouble Lures

I thought of that also Dave. My problem is that I don't have a computer, I use my iPhone for Internet so I have no idea how to do that. I can take a video put not sure how to post it. The thing is I'm very angry about it and trust me I'm really wanting to post who this is but I'm not that person, I'm not looking to ruin anyone's business I just wanted to exchange for a better product! I was really suspect of the quality when I got them because trust me I'm no idiot when it comes to a crankbait, I've had thousands and I have won alot of money using them in tournaments so I know how to properly tune them. But the hook hangers were really crooked and loose and I actually emailed him about 7 of those and he said he would replace them but when I relized they wouldn't swim I just wanted rid of the junk!! Bad thing is I ordered some of another model called a stumpy and they were really loose and I have a feeling I'm gonna have the same problem. I just don't know what pisses me off more being called a liar or an idiot!!!! Sorry if you guys are mad for not disclosing who this is but I'm not like that! One thing I will not definatly not order anymore of that model they are junk!!!

I'm just wondering how they will be when trying to land big bass on them with those loose hook hangers? I had one I let my daughter play around painting and I pull on the front hook hanger to see how much pressure they would take and it twisted right off so I'm a little leary now idk jmo!!

And you think your mad at the vendor now??? I'd like to see what happens when a 5 pounder swims off with nothing but a treble hook and the hanger!!! Not that funny really! If it helps, I use e-tex on my stuff and after a spin it seems to make the hangers a little stronger. Not sure if maybe a little leaches down in next to them or not but they seem better. Will they be okay, who knows? I made a post a while back about knock-off's and what's good and from where but I got little support. Your situation is exactly why I posted it. If we are all here to help each other our experiences with knockoff's and the companies that sell them should be put together and pinned to the top of the board like the hardbait cookbook. I was kinda thinking that some of the vendors might be promoters of the site and nobody wanted to step on any toes. My opinion is if the crankbait doesn't work others should know about it.

I'd contact the seller again, and give him the option of making it right or you will post his name here.

Online sellers have only their online reputations as selling points, and word of mouth on sites like this is their advertising.

Make him make the call.

Good idea Mark, I like this. We should not let these guys get away with this sort of behavior. I am not a believer in name and shame, but after the guy has had the opportunity to put things right and refuses, then I believe that he deserves the negative press.

But so far, he has not been given that opportunity. He has responded to the email, albeit in a condescending manner, inviting the customer to return the baits for evaluation. If the baits do not swim, then costs and postage will be refunded, if not, the deal is done. Just make sure you keep back some video evidence. If he claims the baits work fine, post the video and name him, to warn other potential customers about who they are dealing with.

Dave

Although the vendor wasn't named, one of his baits were. I'm sure he will be posting shortly. It has been my experience that you get what you pay for with the blanks. The ones that go for around a buck are crap. All of the blanks made of the white, cheaper plastic are crap. Most if not all of the wires are loose. However, I have found the newer blanks (more expensive) made of the clear ABS plastic are of very good quality.

I had the same thought 152. Naming the bait pretty much narrows it down. I've had mixed results, but such is the way of the KO, imo. They're certainly fun to paint, but the trueness and overall quality seems to vary quite a bit, even within a batch of the same model. I had a blast last weekend throwing a D10. Nice to see your paint cut through the water.

I had the same thought 152. Naming the bait pretty much narrows it down. I've had mixed results, but such is the way of the KO, imo. They're certainly fun to paint, but the trueness and overall quality seems to vary quite a bit, even within a batch of the same model. I had a blast last weekend throwing a D10. Nice to see your paint cut through the water.

I agree, it's a total kick to have something you painted get blasted by some hungry bass.

I find myself throwing stuff I've painted, even though other stuff is what is working, just because. :lol:

Guys,

Well I hate seeing posts like this.

Yes these lures came from me and I was a bit rude.

To try and explain I have sold thousands of these and never had a complaint so I just figured Jeff did not care for them and was just saying they did not swim so he could return them.

I want every lure I sell to swim right because they are suppose to and if they do not then they need to be fixed.

I do not want a bad rep for selling junk thats for sure.

I will take one to the water today and see how it works and maybe that batch was bad .

I use these myself because I love them but like I said maybe I did get a bad batch.

My reply back to Jeff was un called for and I am sorry I responded they way I did.

Send me another email with your address and I will send you 25 lures of any style you want.

The cheaper lures are cheap but they still need to be right and swim right.

This batch was made with a cheaper plastic then the ABS like before so maybe that is why they do not swim right. ?

Again Jeff sorry for the way I acted.