CompleteTech

Starter Senko Type Recipe

Hello everyone! Sorry to have to make this my first post on here. But I am running into a little bit of trouble over here trying to make more Senko style baits.

Long story short. I have had my supplies sitting around for a little bit (about a year or so...). And now am trying to get back into it as I am getting more free time now and can not seem to find where I had my "recipe" anywhere. Checked over at the place where I got my molds from del-mart.com and am not finding to much over there that is working. I also am not finding the supplies I used to buy from them so I am also looking for a new supplier of the plastics and salt and hardner etc....

The recipe I am getting over there is as follows.. taken from http://www.del-mart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11

For Regular Soft Plastic:

In a 2 cup pyrex measuring cup mix:

1 cups of Plastic.

1/4 cup Softener

Add colors (before heat or after)

put in the microwave till the plastic is ready to pour (follow the microwave instructions)

then take a teaspoon and slowly stir while adding in 1/2 cup of salt

For SuperSoft Plastic:

In a 2 cup pyrex measuring cup mix:

1 cups of Plastic.

Softener NOT needed for SuperSoft Plastic as the plastic is already has alot of softener in it.

Add colors (before heat or after)

put in the microwave till the plastic is ready to pour (follow the microwave instructions)

then take a teaspoon and slowly stir while adding in 1/2 cup of salt

I am using the top recipe and everything is to soft. I tried to add more salt, same thing just a few clumps seems like. Tried to add more placstic that I still have laying around from Del-mart.com, still a no go.

I guess I am looking for some basic recipes to try and play with a little. And also some good suggestions on some suppliers as I am now running out of supplies after so many failed batches..

Thanks,

Nathan

you need to make sure your plastic is shook up very very good and there is zero settling in the bottom of your plasic container.

what settles is the hardner it needs to be all mixed up.

the recipe looks good.

also

you can remelt the messed up batches.

for less soft baits do not add more salt.. use less softner.

if you have some hardner add some of it.

Based on my experience, you don't have to be precise about it. I think the baits I've been making will out senko a senko. One thing you can do is after you melt old plastics, save the hard bottom part of the plastic, cut it up into chunks, then melt that. No extra salt required.

thanks for the suggestions. I will try it this weekend when I actually have some free time. I am also looking for some good places and also ideas of where and what to get as far as plastics and hardner etc.... as del-mart is no longer selling them. it was just easier to get it there as i bought my mold there but they arn't anymore so I gotta go get it somewhere else and theres was just branded as del-mart something or another not who actually was making it.