sportsfisher

Airbrush Options Under $100

hello,

time to buy a decent airbrush.

i dont need a top of the range model, just something that will do the job and is good quality

i dont have the luxury of going to look at anything so i need some advise

firstly, im looking at spending under $100.

ive read that the iwata revolution CR is a good choice and is within my buget, but ive also been told to look at the paasche range as well.

can anyone give me some advice or info on either of those 2 options.?

thanks.

One of the best all around airbrushes in my opinion would be the Iwata Revolution BR. That is all I use and its less than $75. I can get about a pencil line out of it if you get really close and it has been a great airbrush for me. I have never used a paasche but I think those are good also.

thanks for the replies.

i have been doing a bit of reserch and it seems the iwata seems better quality.

One of the best all around airbrushes in my opinion would be the Iwata Revolution BR.

timbojrjr;

i was looking at the BR but i wasnt sure if the 1.8ml cup was big enough?

i supose 1.8ml of paint does go a long way when just painting a few lures,

thanks for the replies.

i have been doing a bit of reserch and it seems the iwata seems better quality.

timbojrjr;

i was looking at the BR but i wasnt sure if the 1.8ml cup was big enough?

i supose 1.8ml of paint does go a long way when just painting a few lures,

I believe the paint cup to be plenty on this airbrush. It only takes a few drops of paint to cover the bait with your base color and less to shoot your other colors. My opinion is that you don't need one of those big paint cups or covers on them. It is also good to get an airbrush holder. I used to have a homemade one that I just took two pieces of metal and bent them into hooks and mounted the about an inch apart to hold my airbrush and that works great if you don't want to spend the extra money on buying a manufactured one.

I believe the paint cup to be plenty on this airbrush. It only takes a few drops of paint to cover the bait with your base color and less to shoot your other colors. My opinion is that you don't need one of those big paint cups or covers on them. It is also good to get an airbrush holder. I used to have a homemade one that I just took two pieces of metal and bent them into hooks and mounted the about an inch apart to hold my airbrush and that works great if you don't want to spend the extra money on buying a manufactured one.

thanks timbojrjr,

thats enough convincing for me, im ordering the revolution BR right now :P

the stands look easy to make, i will give it a go.

thanks everyone for your input, much apreciated B)