sallystrothers

Spray Epoxy Top Coat

Is it clear? I have looked online and can only find stuff that is colored.

The joke was on me. It is indeed black. I assumed it was clear since sometimes they use black lids on clear things (like spray adhesive). Oh well, my quest continues. I want to find a top coat without organic solvents that is quick by either dipping or spraying.

Well, I'm with you in the search. I have been having such problems with my current topcoat with paint getting wrinkled. I thought I had it figured out my spraying a light coat of pledge future shine and heat setting to the point of almost melting some baits. I'm thinking that I might try to put a heat lamp on my finished baits for a period of time to sort of bake the paint as well... It is not humid here yet so I don't think that is the problem.

Well, I'm with you in the search. I have been having such problems with my current topcoat with paint getting wrinkled. I thought I had it figured out my spraying a light coat of pledge future shine and heat setting to the point of almost melting some baits. I'm thinking that I might try to put a heat lamp on my finished baits for a period of time to sort of bake the paint as well... It is not humid here yet so I don't think that is the problem.

A non-practical solution for the average lure craftsman is to sand blast the surface of the bait. I do not have the ability to try this but it could help reduce paint lifting during the top coat. I noticed after a thorough coating of acetone my bait roughened up quite a bit and the paint held through the solvent top coat.