jigpitcher

Airbrush Question

Love the site, its really helped me get started painting I've been wearing out the search function. Been painting for two whole weeks now, its pretty addictive. I've got a Neo from Hobby Lobby that I picked up a couple of weeks ago, tonight I was out in the garage painting and it would not shoot paint. Figured it was clogged (never happened before) so I took it apart and cleaned it. It wasnt clogged, after cleaning I put it back together and it still would not shoot. Air comes out but when you pull the trigger back nothing shoots out (still shooting air when the trigger is back but the paint isnt feeding). Any ideas?

Love the site, its really helped me get started painting I've been wearing out the search function. Been painting for two whole weeks now, its pretty addictive. I've got a Neo from Hobby Lobby that I picked up a couple of weeks ago, tonight I was out in the garage painting and it would not shoot paint. Figured it was clogged (never happened before) so I took it apart and cleaned it. It wasnt clogged, after cleaning I put it back together and it still would not shoot. Air comes out but when you pull the trigger back nothing shoots out (still shooting air when the trigger is back but the paint isnt feeding). Any ideas?

check your paint jar/bottle make sure your air holes on the top are open if they plug your airbrush will not beable to syphon

Make sure the needle is being moved back and forth by the trigger. Sometimes I forget to tighten the chucking nut that holds the needle, so the needle doesn't retract when I pull back on the trigger.

Also check to see that the tiny holes in the nozzle aren't clogged. Take the brush apart, soak it in acetone for five or ten minutes, reassemble, and backflush with acetone (assuming your brush has solvent-tolerant seals). That should clean those holes out.

Thanks for the response guys, sorry for not getting back sooner but work has been busy. Yes the needle would move in and out, I cleaned it really good even soaking it for a little while but nothing worked. Even had one of my buddies that has been painting for years look at it and he couldnt figure out what was wrong with it. I ended up taking it back and getting an exchange.