YakAngler81

What Process Is This?

Looks great! I am happy just to see that it is possible to make finishes this good. If we set the bar high it will benefit the entire community.

Thanks Man!!

Just trying to help others understand the photo finished technique. It was Great of Husky to share it with everyone!!

In my opinion this technique mike uses and i use as well is by far the best method of photfinishing a bait the supplies to get started cost more but the product is so much better the lines and ridges become far less of an issue its alot easier to blend and cover up with paint without having to put too heavy of clearcoat this method only requires one for a great finish and unlike the foil you have to do far less to have the image snuggle into the details of the bait i also have done alot of the foil photofinish but not so much anymore

heres a bait i did with the same method

ry%3D400.jpg

I was on another site and came across this picture. It wasn't painted, but it also doesn't look like it was photo finished. I'm a rookie painter and would like to just do a bait like this. Does anyone know how it was done?

DSC03949.jpg

ry%3D400.jpg

ry%3D400.jpg

ry%3D400.jpg

ry%3D400.jpg

ry%3D400.jpg

ry%3D400.jpg

ry%3D400.jpg

ry%3D400.jpg

ry%3D400.jpg

ry%3D400.jpg

ry%3D400.jpg

ry%3D400.jpg

ry%3D400.jpg

ry%3D400.jpg

ry%3D400.jpg

post-23210-0-74307500-1308190689_thumb.jpg

post-23210-0-73835400-1308190690_thumb.jpg

Edited by shaggy1081

In my opinion this technique mike uses and i use as well is by far the best method of photfinishing a bait the supplies to get started cost more but the product is so much better the lines and ridges become far less of an issue its alot easier to blend and cover up with paint without having to put too heavy of clearcoat this method only requires one for a great finish and unlike the foil you have to do far less to have the image snuggle into the details of the bait

heres a bait i did with the same method

What method are you talking about? Husky shared his with everyone, including you!! Will you share the method of which you speak of with the rest of the TU members? The great people of TU are all about helping others learn new things. So lets hear it!! popcorn.gifpopcorn.gif

What method are you talking about? Husky shared his with everyone, including you!! Will you share the method of which you speak of with the rest of the TU members? The great people of TU are all about helping others learn new things. So lets hear it!! popcorn.gifpopcorn.gif

x2 on sharing the method

i am sure me along with other members would be interested in trying it.

x2 on sharing the method

i am sure me along with other members would be interested in trying it.

I have posted pics many times here and they all get deleted... Silly rules for sure.. I have shared my technique with shaggy and find our baits look much better in the end. Also hold up better. Not bashing others at all... Too bad I cant share more as I feel like my hands are tied to a degree.

I have posted pics many times here and they all get deleted... Silly rules for sure.. I have shared my technique with shaggy and find our baits look much better in the end. Also hold up better. Not bashing others at all... Too bad I cant share more as I feel like my hands are tied to a degree.

But with respect, you never contributed to the thread, just showed off your lures. The gallery is for showing off lures, the forums are for questions, answers, ideas, problems, solutions etc. I really hope that you do share more, as I feel that you have a lot of experience and a lot to contribute.

Shaggy1081's post does not address the question either, it merely implies that 'he can do it'. Because you shared your technique with Shaggy, he is probably not comfortable about posting the technique, as it is yours. It would not surprise me if Shaggy's post disappeared too, as it just does not contribute.

I respect your decision should you choose not to divulge your technique, but why must we be inflicted with posts that imply "I can do it, but I am not going to tell you how". If it is a secret, post it in the gallery for all to admire.

It is my opinion that the 'gallery rule' separates TU from all the other lure building forums. We don't have to sift through all the 'show' threads and posts to get to the meat. Those members that want to view the finished art, can do so in the gallery, without having to sift through all the tedious questions and problems. Seems like a good system to me. I just wish the rule was enforced more vigorously, then there would be no misunderstandings when posts are removed.

Dave

This technique is something me and Mike worked on together only problem I have sharing is that I do this for a buisness if I share what advantage do I have over the next Guy I have spent hours perfecting my technique I strived to come up with something different because evrrytime I turn around me using huskys technique was throwed up on my face so I wanted my own and with mikes help we came up with one I may or may not share all i was simply implicating is this was not huskys and I mean no disrespect I do help here and will continue too

But with respect, you never contributed to the thread, just showed off your lures. The gallery is for showing off lures, the forums are for questions, answers, ideas, problems, solutions etc. I really hope that you do share more, as I feel that you have a lot of experience and a lot to contribute.

Shaggy1081's post does not address the question either, it merely implies that 'he can do it'. Because you shared your technique with Shaggy, he is probably not comfortable about posting the technique, as it is yours. It would not surprise me if Shaggy's post disappeared too, as it just does not contribute.

I respect your decision should you choose not to divulge your technique, but why must we be inflicted with posts that imply "I can do it, but I am not going to tell you how". If it is a secret, post it in the gallery for all to admire.

It is my opinion that the 'gallery rule' separates TU from all the other lure building forums. We don't have to sift through all the 'show' threads and posts to get to the meat. Those members that want to view the finished art, can do so in the gallery, without having to sift through all the tedious questions and problems. Seems like a good system to me. I just wish the rule was enforced more vigorously, then there would be no misunderstandings when posts are removed.

Dave

This technique is something me and Mike worked on together only problem I have sharing is that I do this for a buisness if I share what advantage do I have over the next Guy I have spent hours perfecting my technique I strived to come up with something different because evrrytime I turn around me using huskys technique was throwed up on my face so I wanted my own and with mikes help we came up with one I may or may not share all i was simply implicating is this was not huskys and I mean no disrespect I do help here and will continue too

I do this as a hobby... But since Shaggy is doing it for income, I refrain from spilling the beans.....

Nice, now we get to the bottom of this. Use an idea submitted to this site by a very creative member. Tweak it enough to call it your own. Then turn around and make money on the idea. I guess this is exactly why many have quit posting here. There is a great difference between experimenting with techniques , and using others ideas for profit. Just my opinion,

Douglas

Nice, now we get to the bottom of this. Use an idea submitted to this site by a very creative member. Tweak it enough to call it your own. Then turn around and make money on the idea. I guess this is exactly why many have quit posting here. There is a great difference between experimenting with techniques , and using others ideas for profit. Just my opinion,

Douglas

Ummm... I came up with this on my own. Never tried any other method. What I'm doing is nothing like the old method that was posted here. ;)

Yeah that makes alot of sense actually no it doesnt what about the first person that started airbrushing lures are we all copying him? i dont think so it comes down to who does it best and how far one can take it. Im not the only one that sells the photofinished lures ask bigbassman. and i think lure companys did it way before husky or lincoya so really who owns the idea or technique do the research

Douglas

Douglas

Very well put Rowhunter!! Calling it his own idea is what bothers me also and then complaining that someones baits that look too much like his. There is a lot of guys that do photo finish baits in their line of baits, but all should give credit to TU and Husky for sharing it with everyone.

Using waterslide decal imaging on baits has been around a while, yall are not the first to do it!! That is the only difference, that you use in your so called best method of photo finishing and looks better than anyones!! The Ancient Chinese Secret is out guys, do some research and you will find some guys that have used it way before yall!! Yall are still using the tutorial posted in the how to section, just applying the image in a - new to you- kind of way.

:lol::lol: You have it all figured out Pat <_< I dont think you get it there is always gonna be someone that tried it first whatever it is

there is so much negativity here it aint even funny who says i have to give up my secrets to whatever im doing i got you started painting and helped you along your way i get no credit for that. So what would you like me to do post a tribute to Husky on my web page no i dont see anything like that on yours so i dont see what your deal is i changed my process i wanna keep it to myself big f'n deal But i will give props to Husky for getting me interested in his method (are you still reading this pat) but i wanted something different so i did the research and came up Something i like better which isnt Huskys Method. P.S. the tutorial now would get me nowhere so call it what you want.

Very well put Rowhunter!! Calling it his own idea is what bothers me also and then complaining that someones baits that look too much like his. There is a lot of guys that do photo finish baits in their line of baits, but all should give credit to TU and Husky for sharing it with everyone.

Using waterslide decal imaging on baits has been around a while, yall are not the first to do it!! That is the only difference, that you use in your so called best method of photo finishing and looks better than anyones!! The Ancient Chinese Secret is out guys, do some research and you will find some guys that have used it way before yall!! Yall are still using the tutorial posted in the how to section, just applying the image in a - new to you- kind of way.

:lol::lol: You have it all figured out Pat dry.gif I dont think you get it there is always gonna be someone that tried it first whatever it is

there is so much negativity here it aint even funny who says i have to give up my secrets to whatever im doing i got you started painting and helped you along your way i get no credit for that. So what would you like me to do post a tribute to Husky on my web page no i dont see anything like that on yours so i dont see what your deal is i changed my process i wanna keep it to myself big f'n deal But i will give props to Husky for getting me interested in his method (are you still reading this pat) but i wanted something different so i did the research and came up Something i like better which isnt Huskys Method. P.S. the tutorial now would get me nowhere so call it what you want.

Here is some links with me giving Husky credit, if you need more I can get more:

http://www.bbcboards.net/zerothread?id=692446

http://www.bbcboards.net/zerothread?id=630978

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/5753229/Some_Custom_Baits_that_I_paint#Post5753229

Husky is a very nice guy and deserves respect!! He knows a ton on bait making and painting and shares his techniques. Coming on TU and calling your method " BY THE BEST THERE IS ON PHOTO FINISHING BAITS" is a slap in the face to Husky!! Your the one that jumped into a post and said I Can Do It Too, when other TU members are asking how to do it, on a tacke making forum. Thats what is wrong with me!! You two ganging up and saying we can do it but you cant :P:P I remember telling you a few boards to get on before you started painting, I dont guess you remember all of that!!

I dont mind telling other people where to find the tutorial, I dont post links to youtube with the Ancient Chinese Secrets commercial on them, when someone ask me how to do it!! I feel great when someone as me for advise, I guess that means that my painting has gotten a little better. You are the one that jumed in on this post, thats when the negativity started!!

You dont have to prove anything to me this topic did not address the way husky did it it was about this method and i expressed my opinion i thought i had that right obviously not here. Maybe i came off wrong is so my bad im not here to argue just giving my opinion. if i have offended anyone i apoligize Im done with this topic as far as im concerned my post that do not contribute to this thread can be deleted

Here is some links with me giving Husky credit, if you need more I can get more:

http://www.bbcboards...hread?id=692446

http://www.bbcboards...hread?id=630978

http://texasfishingf...int#Post5753229

Husky is a very nice guy and deserves respect!! He knows a ton on bait making and painting and shares his techniques. Coming on TU and calling your method " BY THE BEST THERE IS ON PHOTO FINISHING BAITS" is a slap in the face to Husky!! Your the one that jumped into a post and said I Can Do It Too, when other TU members are asking how to do it, on a tacke making forum. Thats what is wrong with me!! You two ganging up and saying we can do it but you cant :P:P I remember telling you a few boards to get on before you started painting, I dont guess you remember all of that!!

I dont mind telling other people where to find the tutorial, I dont post links to youtube with the Ancient Chinese Secrets commercial on them, when someone ask me how to do it!! I feel great when someone as me for advise, I guess that means that my painting has gotten a little better. You are the one that jumed in on this post, thats when the negativity started!!