Tally

Buzz bait forms

Is there anyone out there using a Boggs or Hagen's wire former that would like to share how they make buzz bait forms? I can make them and yes they are all the same, but it sure seems to take me a long time to make one buzz form. Thanks in advance.

Tally

This is good stuff guys, I like to use both the prefab forms and my own! just_plugging_away, you forgot about that insane drive that many of our members are cursed with that is best described as half control-freak and half mad-scientist. I have a bit of this affliction myself and while Tally cries "it is just a hobby..." I bet he has a streak of it too and there is probably no telling how Tally's buzzbaits are tweaked up this way or that...and I wouldn't have it anyother way myself, LOL. I use the forms more often, but love the Lil' Blue Bender myself, Tally, and use a cheap Worth bender to make finer "modifications" if I want them. JIM

Jim-

Sorry if I sounded like I was crying hobby. You are 100% correct in your thinking. You can't buy my baits at Wal-Mart. Some say I am a perfectionist, I say it is either right or it is wrong. When I start out on my baits, before I even bend a wire, I know what I want the bait to do. You just can't get that from buying forms. Ahhhhhhh, Mad scientist!!!!! I have called myself that more than once :wink: .

Blue Bender question: How do you make a form the exact same with it? I am using a hagens right now and it is big enough to allow me to mark where the wire should line up. It just seems to take me a long time to produce the form. Maybe I am faster that I think.

Tally

I use the blue bender also. When I want to make alot of the same size and design. I make myself a jig to make all forms the same.

From the simplest : Just mount the blue bender on a board where you can mark each and every bend for each different form you come up with.

I did it this way for awhile until I had so many different color lines on board that I started making jigs for the different forms.

What I did was for each of the singled color lines on the board for the blue bender, I made a jig of each different form. I make my jigs out of wood with stops on the wood so you know exactly where to put the wire or bends. So you get the exact same forms each and every time.

I hope this helps,

PaBasser

Hey PaBasser, how you been man? He pretty much drilled your question on the Blue Bender, Tally...and when you get a few extra of those "right" ones let me know if you wanna trade for some of my "right" ones...alwasy interesting to have another Dr. Frankenstien critique me. JIM

Thanks PaBasser- I thought that was what I needed to do, but you never know unless you ask.

Jim- Just say when. I won't know about the buzz baits until season gets here. They run good but I need to see how the fish react. Now if you want to swap blades, just say the word. I like getting input from people, but really the fish let you know. I have had people turn their nose up at some of my spinner baits just because it is not a "big name" brand. DUMB!!!!!! I will out fish them big time.

Tally

Hey Jim- still waiting to hear from you. Here is an update on custom vs. production made baits. I will try not to pat myself on the back to hard.

2 guys, one boat: Tally's vs. Terminator. Tally's out fished Terminator 10 to 1. Needless to say the other guy wanted a Tally's. After both were throwing the Tally's spinnerbait, the ratio was 1 to 1. :D

Tally