blazt*

Predator Sinking Lipless And Rc 2.5s?

X3 on that I get 10 here or 10 there and the service I got was by far the best I sent jim a TY email on my first order and what do you know he mailed me back the other place I was getting my eyes from never Emailed me back :blink:

AS for the floating lips I got a few and with very little tweaking they were good to :D

Hillbilly, are you talking about the floating lipless ?

I tested 6 of those the last couple days and 4 swam great with some tuning with # 4 hooks on the front and # 6 on the back, 2 of them would not swim, I put # 2 hooks on those 2 and then they swam.

Because I got a complaint the other day on them and the testing I did on them I have decided to drop the price to $.35 each and when they are gone I am not restocking them.

Some guys are going to get a good deal on them, only about 350 give or take left.

If anyone here orders, the way I have shipping set up and the cheap lures I may have to ask for additional shipping charges.

Hillbilly, are you talking about the floating lipless ?

I tested 6 of those the last couple days and 4 swam great with some tuning with # 4 hooks on the front and # 6 on the back, 2 of them would not swim, I put # 2 hooks on those 2 and then they swam.

Because I got a complaint the other day on them and the testing I did on them I have decided to drop the price to $.35 each and when they are gone I am not restocking them.

Some guys are going to get a good deal on them, only about 350 give or take left.

If anyone here orders, the way I have shipping set up and the cheap lures I may have to ask for additional shipping charges.

That"s affirmative I played with them a little in a test tank I wanted to see if I could get them to suspend I just added some ballast (5 bb's) IMHO I think its a water displacement issue across the forehead of the bait I just added some ballast to get the nose down a little more and boom it was a go.I just like to tinker with baits :blink:

I did the same with the #2" till I got one balanced then drop the a size till It was all most dead on at the end 5 bb's a 4 in the front and a 6 under the seat. As for the squair bill sometimes a SB will deflect more off of cover (so I was told) to me if it catches fish I dont care if it has moles or the surface of a fire break as long as it catches fish. Speakin of moles and fire breaks I need to give my wife a call 8O

I did the same with the #2" till I got one balanced then drop the a size till It was all most dead on at the end 5 bb's a 4 in the front and a 6 under the seat. As for the squair bill sometimes a SB will deflect more off of cover (so I was told) to me if it catches fish I dont care if it has moles or the surface of a fire break as long as it catches fish. Speakin of moles and fire breaks I need to give my wife a call 8O

To me it seems like I get more roll, or is it yaw, the rounder the bill is. I havent tested this on jim's square bill just the lures I make.

Email me your name you use on paypal and I will ship you 2 of the predator jerk to try out.

Have you tried the sinking one ?

Ok, thanks. I haven't tried the sinking LC ko's. I was very tempted but I wasn't sure if the sink rate was agonizingly slow (good) or more like a countdown (not good).

The sinking lipless is a fast sinker not a slow one.

I did some testing today on the square bill.

no difference in swimming action,

It was a tad harder to tune the rounded bill.

Plus if it does not swim right make sure the lure floats, if it sinks it has water in it, I found that one out.

These lures are suppose to be tank tested for leaks but if you remove the plug then it needs to be tested, I removed 3 and 2 of them leaked.

If Anybody ever has trouble tunning them it is a fine line to were they need to be, you bend the figure 8 snap left or right, not twsit it left or right.

Has anyone tried drilling the 4" predator jerk bait to add weight? I drilled some of the x80's with an 11/64 bit and all went well but the 4" predator cracked at the seam with that same bit. Not sure why but any help is appreciated. I been fishing both pre weight and love them so far I just trying to get them to suspend. They have both caught fish well. Thanks guys!

Has anyone tried drilling the 4" predator jerk bait to add weight? I drilled some of the x80's with an 11/64 bit and all went well but the 4" predator cracked at the seam with that same bit. Not sure why but any help is appreciated. I been fishing both pre weight and love them so far I just trying to get them to suspend. They have both caught fish well. Thanks guys!

I had the exact same thing happen to me. Maybe the plastic is different, or thinner. Either way, I reglued the cracked plastic, added my ballast, bondo'd over the holes, and crazy glued that, too. Then I painted it, and it is fine.

I fished it hard this last weekend, and had not problems.

Alas, I also had no bites.

It runs very shallow, even though I added several grams of ballast, both in the head, and in the mid section.

I painted it as a baby bass, so I hope it's a dynamite post-spawn bait.

Yea mark I had to add alot of weight also. I don't have scales but I added 12 of the .177 bb gun bb's and four number 6 shot from a shotgun shell to get it to suspend in the bucket and it feels heavy. Haven't fished it yet so I'll let you know. I been doing real well on the yellow perch pattern it's my fav!

I've painted a bunch of the LC Pointer knock offs which sink slowly. I drill out some of the ballast weight to get it to suspend. Seems easier than adding weight?

I wish I would have known you guys would change the weight on these, I probably could of had them made with different weights, my next batch I will have them made a tad lighter if everyone would prefer but for now I am expecting a new order anyday so will have to wait until these are gone.

Any other lures you would like to see changes too ? I will be ordering dt-10 and 16's next.

I have 2 new molds being built also that should be a big big hit.

I wish I would have known you guys would change the weight on these, I probably could of had them made with different weights, my next batch I will have them made a tad lighter if everyone would prefer but for now I am expecting a new order anyday so will have to wait until these are gone.

Any other lures you would like to see changes too ? I will be ordering dt-10 and 16's next.

I have 2 new molds being built also that should be a big big hit.

That would be awesome Jim. I'm not sure of how much I take off but I drill two 1/8" holes in the ballast so by the time I paint,clear and put hardware on, it very slowly sinks.

I've been fishing the 2.5s a little. The bill broke when I overcast it onto a grassy bank, but I really like the way they swim. I think the bill looks good and deflects very well, hopefully they won't turn out to be weak. Another thing I like is the size. I prefer to fish about as big as I can get away with, usually. Hopefully I'll have a batch of the rattlebaits painted up soon.

I've been fishing the 2.5s a little. The bill broke when I overcast it onto a grassy bank, but I really like the way they swim. I think the bill looks good and deflects very well, hopefully they won't turn out to be weak. Another thing I like is the size. I prefer to fish about as big as I can get away with, usually. Hopefully I'll have a batch of the rattlebaits painted up soon.

Posting the bill broke on grass was not cool,

You emailed me on this and I explained that in no way can the bill break like it did on you by hitting grass,

I explained the lure had to hit something or it was damaged in shipping.

The bill did not just break off , the hole front of the lure broke off and these bills are not attached to the lure, they are part of the lure ( molded all in one ) and I even offered to replace it.

It just ticks me off that you post it breaking on hitting grass.

Posting the bill broke on grass was not cool,

You emailed me on this and I explained that in no way can the bill break like it did on you by hitting grass,

I explained the lure had to hit something or it was damaged in shipping.

The bill did not just break off , the hole front of the lure broke off and these bills are not attached to the lure, they are part of the lure ( molded all in one ) and I even offered to replace it.

It just ticks me off that you post it breaking on hitting grass.

Stuff happens!

Years ago, I borrowed a friends 8" Pupfish, and threw it up onto a mud flat on the first cast. It hit the only hard thing there, a green beer bottle, and broke.

That's what got me started making baits, because the Pupfish is no longer available, so I made him one out of wood. The rest, as they say, is history. :lol:

I guarantee you that whatever broke that bill wasn't trying to break it. It just happens.