Painter1

Injector Advice

I am just getting started making baits and just bought someone elses "kit" and have made a few hand pours. The injector I have (Del's) won't pick up the hot plastic. I expect that the O-ring is wore out?

It doesn't look like Del sells the parts. Can anyone tell me how to get this thing working and/or where to get a new O-ring?

Am also planning to get a dual injector and an "eyedropshot" mold from BT. Is the 3 oz per side big enough for that?

Thanks.

I am just getting started making baits and just bought someone elses "kit" and have made a few hand pours. The injector I have (Del's) won't pick up the hot plastic. I expect that the O-ring is wore out?

It doesn't look like Del sells the parts. Can anyone tell me how to get this thing working and/or where to get a new O-ring?

Am also planning to get a dual injector and an "eyedropshot" mold from BT. Is the 3 oz per side big enough for that?

Thanks.

Keep in mind that when you purchase your dual injector you are going to like the results so much that you will most likely be getting more molds. You can break down the basstackle injectors to have 2 separate ones also. The bigger one is not that much more but you can shoot 2x as many baits with it..

( I'm sure you checked this but make sure the tip is not clogged with old plastic).

You can call del and he will get you some o rings. He has two in his injectors one on the tip and one on the plunger. I have the eye drop shot mold and the 3 is plenty large enough. I think if you are just starting out the 3 is easier to use at first. Just fill ALL the way up and shoot. With the 6 it takes alot of plastic to fill all the way up. Most people that start this dont make alot of plastic at first and try and fill the injectors half way, this just causes problems with bubbles and cooling. You will notice when you have alot of plastic it works better. It must be the amount of heat there is. Frank

I have not used a Del injector.

But if it is new I would let it set in some hot plastic a little before you try to fill it up.

I found out the best solution to all the problems in making your own lures is to take your time.

e.g. try to hurry up and fill your injector. Instead of taking your time. the plastic will harden in the nozzle.

Regards

Mark

I have not used a Del injector.

But if it is new I would let it set in some hot plastic a little before you try to fill it up.

I found out the best solution to all the problems in making your own lures is to take your time.

e.g. try to hurry up and fill your injector. Instead of taking your time. the plastic will harden in the nozzle.

Regards

Mark

I don't think I understand. Are you saying let the tip of the injector rest in the hot plastic for a while before I try to draw it up into the injector? Right now the injector just wont draw the liquid up out of the cup.

The plastic only stays hot for a short period after taking it out of the microwave. I am using an infrared thermometer and pulling it out of the microwave between 325 and 350 but it does cool and start to harden pretty quickly.

I did just get some new plastic so that may change.

You can call del and he will get you some o rings. He has two in his injectors one on the tip and one on the plunger. I have the eye drop shot mold and the 3 is plenty large enough. I think if you are just starting out the 3 is easier to use at first. Just fill ALL the way up and shoot. With the 6 it takes alot of plastic to fill all the way up. Most people that start this dont make alot of plastic at first and try and fill the injectors half way, this just causes problems with bubbles and cooling. You will notice when you have alot of plastic it works better. It must be the amount of heat there is. Frank

Maybe you can contact Del. Email doesn't work.

Edited by atijigs