bronzeback185

Spinnerbait Skirt Material

I have been making my own skirts for some time now and ive been getting all my material from www.fishingskirts.com. They have a great selection but the only problem im haveing is the material seems to stiff when it gets wet it clumps all together and after a few fish hit it really looks bad.Ive looked at alot of other spinnerbaits and there skirts are alot softer and dont have this problem.Maybe im getting this problem cause im useing alot of clear colors which seem to do worse.Does anybody know of anywhere else I can get skirt material that has as big of a selection?

First of all, don't judge the way the skirt looks when it is out of the water, silicone skirt material often sticks together when it gets wet and then taken out of the water, but if you simply dip your bait back into the water, you'll see the material spread out again. Certain colors are cut thicker which makes the stiff, most of it depends on manufacturers but in order to get the most color selection, a lot of suppliers have skirt material from various manufacturers so it is possible to get different material from the same supplier when you buy a lot of different colors. If you really don't like the look of the material you're using on your baits, try "frog hair" material, this used to refer to living rubber but you now can get frog hair in silicone, this is the same material just cut in very thin strands to make it have more action than standard cut material.

Yeah ive done alot of looking at the material im using in and out of the water.About all of the silicone material ive ordered from fishingskirts.com is the same just the clear seems tad bit stiffer.If you have ever looked at the material on a punisher or stan sloan spinnerbait they are very soft and act just like frog hair but im pretty sure there not.I figured they had a supplier they buy from that the average joe cant buy from.