Hey guys I was wondering if you all could give me some opinions on the best thing to use as a finishing coat on re-painted lures? I've been getting alot of work lately for re-painting manufactured lures and was just wondering what the best method for sealing the paint was. I'm currently using a indoor outdoor clear acrylic topcoat but I've heard of using epoxy however I use Devcon when coating my flatsides and I feel like that would add too much weight and bulk and alter the intended action of the lure.Thanks in advance!

I'd suggest that you take advantage of the fact that plastic lures are both hard and waterproof, and stick with some kind of urethane that you can dip.

While epoxy has it's place, and is great for protecting wood lures as much as they can be protected from water intrusion and denting, I don't think it's called for or needed for plastic lures, and, like you said, can add weight and affect buoyancy.

There are some really good urethanes and exterior lacquers out there, like DN and the concrete lacquer that's used on stamped concrete.