markw

Custom Spinner Blades

I have a family friend that is retiring, and someone asked me to build him a custom Double 10 Spinnerbait for his muskie fishing. I'd like to put a company logo on the spinner blades, and I was wondering if anyone has a trick that they would be willing to share as to how that can be done? One thought would be to print on a photo paper and epoxy it to the blade. Will that work? Any thoughts or tips?

Thanks!

Once again, I should have just searched through Cadmans posts before I ask a question!! I just found his Sports Spinnerbait posting that happens to solve my exact problem.

Is there a link to that thread. I tried to find it but came up empty. I am guessing a water transfer decal but would like to see how it is done. Thanks.

Cadman,

When you coat your blades with etex, do you just coat one side and lay them flat to dry? Or do you coat both sides and put them on a rotating dryer of some kind?

Mark,

I only coat the side that has the decal on it. Also I lay it flat on a raised block, so your blade doesn't stick to anything along the edges. I have tried to do both sides one at a time. Coat one side let it fulll dry and then coat the other side. The problem is that on the convex side the etex will want to run to the middle and pool there. I have tried to put it on really thin and it still pools. So I stopped coating the inside of the blades.

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but since time has passed I thought it would be worth asking the question as to how the blades went durability wise? Did the etex provide sufficient long term protection?

Devcon 2 Ton works much better, bu tit is not as clear as E-Tex.