Dave8707

Psh.... Rookies

There is topics on just about everything on this website you just need to do a little research. It will tell you on everything you need, paint, airbrush, compressor, clear coat, etc. It would take a long time to explain everything. I would just suggest to take the time and do your research on this website.

There is topics on just about everything on this website you just need to do a little research. It will tell you on everything you need, paint, airbrush, compressor, clear coat, etc. It would take a long time to explain everything. I would just suggest to take the time and do your research on this website.

I can't tell you how to paint, because I'm a bumbler, but I can make a couple of suggestions.

First, go to some of the airbrush sites that have free videos on airbrushing. Watch the videos, and refer back to them when you begin painting.

Second, take the time to clean and backflush your brush between colors. If you set up a cleaning station where you paint, and do it every time, you'll avoid lots of problems, and it will become second nature. And Acetone will save you when you have paint set up in your brush and clog it up (it's not if, it's when).

Third, use whatever reducer the paint manuf. recommends to thin you paints to the consistency of skim milk. Multiple light coats, thoroughly heat set, are the key. Too thick a coat won't dry right, and the paint will dry quickly and clog your brush.

Last, practice. Use a piece of white cardboard to try different colors and techniques. It takes a while to get the hang of airbrushing (at least, it's taking me a while).

Once you've begun painting, a lot of questions will arise, and a lot of questions will answer themselves.

But the only way to learn is to do it.

Ok guys an gals new to air brush painting please help give me info about EVERYTHING please and thank u

Me, I use ancient chine's magic 印刷模板;油印蜡纸:blink:

Sorry couldn't help myself , I very rarely free hand. Nearly all my baits are done with stemcells I mean stencils :blink: just search for stencils on here or on google and it will be worth it and do a few of the you tube vids on air brushing. Other than that its all trial and error for me.

Edited by hillbilly1

I took a begineers airbrush class a while back to get a jump start. One thing the instructor told us was that he sees it takes beginners on average about 40 hours of painting to get the hang of airbrush painting. Like the others have said there is a lot of information on this site to read and absorb. But I think learning to airbrush successfully is kind of like learning to ride a bicycle or learn to ice skate. You can buy the bike or skates (cheap to expensive), read about it, watch video but you're gonna have to bust your butt a few times before you get the hang of it.

I took a begineers airbrush class a while back to get a jump start. One thing the instructor told us was that he sees it takes beginners on average about 40 hours of painting to get the hang of airbrush painting. Like the others have said there is a lot of information on this site to read and absorb. But I think learning to airbrush successfully is kind of like learning to ride a bicycle or learn to ice skate. You can buy the bike or skates (cheap to expensive), read about it, watch video but you're gonna have to bust your butt a few times before you get the hang of it.

:lol::lol::lol: Very well put!

Others have said it, but I'll say it again....thin your paint and ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS run thinner through after painting and between colors. I use acetone for my thinner and cleaner, only because I don't use water based paints. Running about a half of jar of acetone after I'm done always leaves it clean and ready for the next time!