mark poulson

Gallery Photos Missing

I just checked and my photos aren't in the gallery anymore.

There is also no connection to my gallery photos under my avatar anymore.

Did I piss some off? :lol:

Seriously, am I not doing something I need to be doing?

Please let me know. I'm a carpenter, not an IT person, so, if I screwed something up, let me know and I'll fix it.

I tried to post this on the contact site, but couldn't.

Edited by mark poulson

Please let me know. I'm a carpenter, not an IT person, so, if I screwed something up, let me know and I'll fix it.

The photo's in the gallery are also different.......the most recent ones are on the last page and are in reverse.....And no i don't think you pissed some one off....LOL....but i can only speak for myself>>>>>>>

The photo's in the gallery are also different.......the most recent ones are on the last page and are in reverse.....And no i don't think you pissed some one off....LOL....but i can only speak for myself>>>>>>>

That's a relief. At least one person isn't pissed at me!

I am clueless as to why my gallery connection disappeared.

Someone PMd me about a pearl green color, and when I tried to find my photos to show him my green crappie, I came up empty until I did a convoluted search.

I never thought that the photos might have been switched, so the oldest is first.

You're a genius for figuring that one out. :worship:

Now, if you can figure out why, and where my connections went, I'll send you some money to buy lottery tickets for me. ;)

That's a relief. At least one person isn't pissed at me!

I am clueless as to why my gallery connection disappeared.

Someone PMd me about a pearl green color, and when I tried to find my photos to show him my green crappie, I came up empty until I did a convoluted search.

I never thought that the photos might have been switched, so the oldest is first.

You're a genius for figuring that one out. :worship:

Now, if you can figure out why, and where my connections went, I'll send you some money to buy lottery tickets for me. ;)

Sorry i can't help on that one.....but you can send the money any way........and i will split the winnings....but i want hold my breath..LOL

Haven't been in for a couple of days , ..........I saw all of my gallery contents vanished as well(if I go on my own profile "my gallery", saying that I had no albums uploaded or something like that) , ....made me feel quite mad about it ,................ but now I see , that it's all back again , .....probably had to do with site maintainance ???

greetz , Dieter :yay:

Dieter,

I still can't get my PM and gallery links restored below my avatar.

..............real strange , Mark , .........I can access my gallery uploads this way(below avatar) , ....just tested it !

Actually I have never used this function , always went via my profile , ...........probably this little detour might work for you , too ?

good luck , Dieter :yay:

The majority of my photos have been removed. There are perhaps a dozen left out of all that I loaded up in the last 5 years or so.

The majority of my photos have been removed. There are perhaps a dozen left out of all that I loaded up in the last 5 years or so.

Vince - you have 308 pics in your gallery or are you referring to regular forum pics.

All my posted uploads are deleted, four years of posts ruined. I guess partially my fault, but it should never have been allowed to happen:

When I relinquished my club membership, the disc space allocated to me for pics was drastically reduced and was all used up by my previous posts. I noticed that I had the facility to delete pics from my allocation. It did not seem right, to be able to delete posted info, after all, you cannot delete posts, in fact you cannot even edit posts after 15 minutes.

I assumed that the deletion was just a reference in my file, but the pic would remain as property of TU, so I did a test deletion of an old pic, for which I still had the original. I then pulled up the post and the pic was still there. "Success" I thought and deleted all my pics, opening up space for more posts. A few days later, all the pics were gone.

Jerry did offer me edit privilages, to allow me to rebuild the posts, but nothing happened about that. Besides, the thought of spending hundreds of hours, rebuilding 3000 old posts that nobody reads, was a bit daunting. If anyone wants to see pics from my old posts, just pm me, as I probably still have most of them on my computer.

Now I only post links to photobucket. But even this is not safe. My previous photo hosting site was bought out by another company and they wanted to move all the pics to a new location, so I lost all those links too. This is all very frustrating, after investing so much time and effort. Make sure you keep backups of pics and text that you do not want to lose, because TU will not helpt you.

Jerry - I hope you plug this gaping hole, as posts are rendered useless without the pics.

Dave