Aiden James Lures

Supermarine Revolution Clear Sm-1000

So I dipped an old lure right into the can with nothing added and here are my findings so far: It dipped beautifully and didn't run or seem too thick. However, it wasn't crystal clear, and it wasn't odor free, as advertised. I can still taste the VOC's. I will let you know how it dries and cures.

John

It was still not even dry to the touch this morning. I will not be using this product. There was also a high solvent/VOC content. I only dipped one lure with it, and when I turned my gas dryer on this morning, I smelled that peculiar 'burning VOC' smell. So I am still on the hunt for a dipable, low VOC, clear, durable, flexible, fast drying finish.

John

It was still not even dry to the touch this morning. I will not be using this product. There was also a high solvent/VOC content. I only dipped one lure with it, and when I turned my gas dryer on this morning, I smelled that peculiar 'burning VOC' smell. So I am still on the hunt for a dipable, low VOC, clear, durable, flexible, fast drying finish.

John

Did you buy their thinner and use it? It was my understanding it had to be thinned?

Did you buy their thinner and use it? It was my understanding it had to be thinned?

I didn't, but I wouldn't want it any thinner. It dipped perfectly at its factory thickness. I understand that the dry time is determined by thickness, so I could add a thinner and a hardener. If I am going to mess around with all that for each batch, I would be better off with a two part system. I want to be able to open the lid, dip my lures, and close the lid. That is probably asking too much, but I will continue my search.

John

I didn't, but I wouldn't want it any thinner. It dipped perfectly at its factory thickness. I understand that the dry time is determined by thickness, so I could add a thinner and a hardener. If I am going to mess around with all that for each batch, I would be better off with a two part system. I want to be able to open the lid, dip my lures, and close the lid. That is probably asking too much, but I will continue my search.

John

Keep us all updated - good luck on your search for the Grail.