kevtherev

Baits Yellowing In Sun

I recently took my baits to a flea market to sell. I had them on display on trays on a table outdoors. It was hot and sunny all day. When I got home and unloaded my unsold stock, I noticed ALL the light colored plastic had yellowed from exposure to the sun. I take great pains to avoid discoloration during pouring and now have hundreds of ruined/offcolor baits. I am sure it will come up so I will tell you I use LC plastic with pearl in most of my colors. Anyone else have this happen? I have abandoned selling outdoors for now.

kevtherev

I recently took my baits to a flea market to sell. I had them on display on trays on a table outdoors. It was hot and sunny all day. When I got home and unloaded my unsold stock, I noticed ALL the light colored plastic had yellowed from exposure to the sun. I take great pains to avoid discoloration during pouring and now have hundreds of ruined/offcolor baits. I am sure it will come up so I will tell you I use LC plastic with pearl in most of my colors. Anyone else have this happen? I have abandoned selling outdoors for now.

kevtherev

Did you have scent in the baits?

www.novalures.com

kevtherev

May want to check the pearl coloring you used...I have noticed aged or older pearl colors can yellow a bit while in storage.

kevtherev

I noticed that yesterday on a bait. I was out fishing all day, and a Venom Sweet Dreams I had tossed on deck went gone from a light chart/melon color to a red/brown color. This wasn't a little yellowing, but a radical change on color. I thought my back seater had tossed the bait there when I saw it. It sure didn't look like anything I had in the boat.

I noticed that yesterday on a bait. I was out fishing all day, and a Venom Sweet Dreams I had tossed on deck went gone from a light chart/melon color to a red/brown color. This wasn't a little yellowing, but a radical change on color. I thought my back seater had tossed the bait there when I saw it. It sure didn't look like anything I had in the boat.

I used LC white pearl in the baits that turned yellow/brownish.

kevtherev