smalljaw

Cadmans Idea Hits The Shelves!

Well it now seems Barlows Tackle is now selling nylon pins for casting weedless jigs, it make me wonder who else reads these forums. For those who aren't familar, Cadmman has been doing this for quite some time, in fact he was the one who got me started using the nylon pins and I've been doing it for close to 2 years if not longer.

Edited by smalljaw

I read these forums, have for years and plan on doing so for many more to come. Many good ideas passed around here and that is what makes this forum so great. Thanks Jerry!

Yes, I like the idea of being able to pull the powder paint off the nylon and use them again. Going to buy a bag!

Smalljaw,

That is interesting, however the whole concept wasn't my idea. I know for a fact that at least 10 people I know before me have been using this concept (first one comes to mind is George Reeves) however it has never been published. I only take credit for making everyone aware that there is an easier way to paint jigs without drilling out the holes after powder painting or airbrushing jigs. All of the rest of the feelings and comments I have about Barlow's I will withhold. I new it was only a matter of time before someone would do this. I expected someone else but I was pleasantly surprised that they didn't jump on the bandwagon. Anyway it does work guys so enjoy.

Smalljaw,

That is interesting, however the whole concept wasn't my idea. I know for a fact that at least 10 people I know before me have been using this concept (first one comes to mind is George Reeves) however it has never been published. I only take credit for making everyone aware that there is an easier way to paint jigs without drilling out the holes after powder painting or airbrushing jigs. All of the rest of the feelings and comments I have about Barlow's I will withhold. I new it was only a matter of time before someone would do this. I expected someone else but I was pleasantly surprised that they didn't jump on the bandwagon. Anyway it does work guys so enjoy.

Ted

Congratulations - if that is the correct word to use here in this situation - you've been helping people - passing out information you've learned discovered - I've been the recipient of it - and want to say "thanks" - you are a stand up fellow.

UG

Yes, Cadman you're a stand up guy and will do business with you whenever possible.

I have recently purchased Cadmans nylon pins and i have to say they are the cats meow to those of us who pour lead. Don't anyone be caught without them, you wont regret it.

I too have been helped many times with this forum which includes Ted speaking up and offering useful assistance. I am grateful as I still am just a beginner and have much to learn. I have acquired the nylon pins also and they are a great help when pouring the lead but I still haven't quite figured out how to implement them in the painting process . I am left handed. LOL ! Any suggestions?

I too have been helped many times with this forum which includes Ted speaking up and offering useful assistance. I am grateful as I still am just a beginner and have much to learn. I have acquired the nylon pins also and they are a great help when pouring the lead but I still haven't quite figured out how to implement them in the painting process . I am left handed. LOL ! Any suggestions?

Steve, I'm left hannded too and I find that they make painting super easy. Before the pins I used to use 1/8" wood dowel rod cut into 2" sections and it worked fine but they don't last as long as the nylon pins do and I can't use them to pour with When you begin to paint, if you're using a heat gun is to put the nylon pin in the weedguard hole and heat your jig and then dip in the paint, once you do that I suggest you remove the pin because even though you can cure the jig with the pin in, you sometime will chip the paint taking the pin out after it is cured but it happen even more if you let it cool and then try to remove the pin. I use a torch, been using it a long long time so it is something I'm comfortable with so what I do is heat my jig and then put the pin in and then dip in the fluid bed.

After reading Cadmans posts about the nylon pins I found some locally. Took the rods that came with my molds and threw them in trash. They were causing my molds not to shut all the way. I then took the rods and cut them to the length that was needed and started pouring. Now when I take make jigs out I do not have much polishing to do. Thanks for info Cadman.

Steve, I'm left hannded too and I find that they make painting super easy. Before the pins I used to use 1/8" wood dowel rod cut into 2" sections and it worked fine but they don't last as long as the nylon pins do and I can't use them to pour with When you begin to paint, if you're using a heat gun is to put the nylon pin in the weedguard hole and heat your jig and then dip in the paint, once you do that I suggest you remove the pin because even though you can cure the jig with the pin in, you sometime will chip the paint taking the pin out after it is cured but it happen even more if you let it cool and then try to remove the pin. I use a torch, been using it a long long time so it is something I'm comfortable with so what I do is heat my jig and then put the pin in and then dip in the fluid bed.

Smalljaw, thanks for the feedback. I am using a hot air blower for preheating. I'll give it a shot as you describe and see how it goes.

I see you are in Pennsylvania. My wife is applying for work there. We'll see.

Thanks,

Steve

Smalljaw, thanks for the feedback. I am using a hot air blower for preheating. I'll give it a shot as you describe and see how it goes.

I see you are in Pennsylvania. My wife is applying for work there. We'll see.

Thanks,

Steve

Let me know how it goes and if/where you're having problems and we'll see how to fix it. I hope your wife gets the job, that is if you want her to get it. If you end up near me I'll have to hook up with you and show you the fishing spots, bass typically isn't great in this state as the fishery managers put most of their focus on the trout side of things but the susquehanna has been awesome for smallies, it used to be a numbers river but with some bad spawns during the 2000's it changed into a trophy river. Not uncommon to catch 15 smallies with most over 2lbs and 4 and 5lbs common.

Smalljaw. Do not know if my spelling is right here. But have you ever gone to Deleware and fished the Nanticoke River?

Gdowney, I never fished it but heard of it, in fact I go to Dover for the races and have been to winither gardens but never fished in Deleware.