RedSkullz

Krylon Glowz And Tinting Etex

I am interested in getting some Krylon Glowz if it covers fairly well...has anyone had any experience using this rattle can?

Also i am curious if anyone has tried tinting Etex using inks. I have tinted Etex with Windsor + Newton ink a number of times for making pools for miniature wargames scenery and it gives a very, very cool look. I played around with it and tried it on a few lures and am pretty happy with the results. I'll post some pics if anyone is interested in checking it out. I mixed 2cc or resin, 2cc hardener and 1cc indigo W+N Ink. Finish it just as hard as normal it seems.

If you really want some cool tinting,go to Diamond-ii.com and get some of there pigments to mix with the epoxy. It is a dry powder you mix with the epoxy and comes in some awesome colors, fairly inexpensive as well. Alot of people are using it for marbling on fishing rods and it comes out great.

If you really want some cool tinting,go to Diamond-ii.com and get some of there pigments to mix with the epoxy. It is a dry powder you mix with the epoxy and comes in some awesome colors, fairly inexpensive as well. Alot of people are using it for marbling on fishing rods and it comes out great.

Cool! I'll look into it for sure.

RedSkullz,

I have used Krylon Glowz many of times on crankbaits / spoons and it has worked great for me. I use EnviroTex Lite to clear over it and never had a problem. One thing I can tell you is don't apply thick coats and wait for it to dry before reapplying the next coat. At times I was too anxious to get a bait done and applyed heavy coats or did not wait for the first to dry before applying the next. What happened to me was the paint started to peel away from itself giving that crackled pattern effect. I usually spray it over a flat white base applying 5-8 light coats. I've sprayed a few light coats over fluorescent paint jobs like firetiger and that pattern shows under the paint. Pretty cool! Just don't apply to much or the pattern underneath fades into the green glow. Another problem was that I bought a can and when I used it the paint's color had a yellow tint to it. This only happened once and I must have used a dozen cans. I use a flasher off a camera to charge the paint and it lasted for some time. Hope this answers some questions.

RedSkullz,

forgot to mention let your base coat dry well before applying the glow paint.

Very cool...thanks for the info and the tips! I have had a few issues with cracking on flourescent paints if you go too heavy on the coats. More thin coats is always better than less thick ones for sure!

I have a couple of topwater hula poppers started painted up for nightfishing for bass and walleye and want to do the back with glow paint. Now i just need to find the krylon glowz....lol

Very cool...thanks for the info and the tips! I have had a few issues with cracking on flourescent paints if you go too heavy on the coats. More thin coats is always better than less thick ones for sure!

I have a couple of topwater hula poppers started painted up for nightfishing for bass and walleye and want to do the back with glow paint. Now i just need to find the krylon glowz....lol

Black body and glow back is my favorite night time topwater color. I get my glowz at the ace hardwear by my house.

Black body and glow back is my favorite night time topwater color. I get my glowz at the ace hardwear by my house.

The on hula popper has a black belly that fades into yellow sides that fade into a white back with a touch of flourescent green. Up here in northern ontario we dont have ace hardware stores, but we have walmart, canadian tire, home deopt and rona....one should have it.

Go to the link posted below and then scroll down to where it says "Canadian Retailers" and hopefully you'll be able to find something close to you. The link also has a list of online suppliers for Krylon.

http://www.krylon.co...cator/index.jsp

Thanks for the link...the local walmart and canadian tire carry krylon, but i dont recall seeing the glowz line...i might have to see if they can get it ordered in.