swedes67

Glue For Eyes On Soft Plastic Baits

Being new to this I starete using "zap a gap" and holy cow it sets the standard for superglue. I install them after the plastic has cooled and before oiling....Im impressed. You might find it at a local fly shop...as they use it on flys and knots.

For the money, You can't beat zap a gap or Loctite's Super glue for plastic.

I've used Pro Soft Glue in the past and had 3 bottles go to waste before I even got to finish using it all.

Pour more swim baits D lol. I use the loctite super glue for plastic also. No need for dipping and they stay on after they get wet and get bit.

Is there a glue/adhesive for glue eyes on to soft plastic baits? I've tried a couple different ones but the eyes still fall off. Thanks inadvance.

What a dummy, me, I erased my post five times!

Surehold makes PLASTIC SURGERY, a super glue that has a solvent that makes the glue penetrate and form a weld! Best plastic glue I have found, it does soft plastic, including plastisol. Walgreens carries SureHold but not Plastic Surgery locally for me so I get mine from Amazon for slightly more than a Dollar. I have seen it hawked at very high prices so be carefule if you buy on line.

I glue eyes and skirts, even silicone skirts. I use it on all plastics and anything else, even stitched up flesh wounds with it! I make creatures too with it.

Their site is:

My linkhttp://www.surehold....urgery-302.html

my work is: (click on thumb to enlarge)

vann.th.jpg This glue belongs right along with duct tape and bailing wire!!