blazt*

Removing Red Finish From Trebles?

I have never tried this, but there is not much that lacquer thinner won't remove. Just cover with thinner and let set for ten minutes. If it is going to work that will do it. Musky Glenn

I have some urethane thinner. I know it has MEK in it, possibly toluene. I'll have to try that - hopefully I have a red guinea pig hook lying around. Maybe that would work...I need some triple grips really bad because I keep losing bass on small factory hooks but the only ones at a decent price I can get in the sizes I want are red. The water is stained right now but when it gets back to 10 ft clarity I'm going to want bronze or especially silver.

Of course I'm sure removing the red will reveal bronze, but at least that will be camo against weeds, etc. I don't really know if I buy the "red dissapears" theory in clear water.

Bustin bass has some Triple Grip knockoffs on ebay. Not sure if they are good hooks or not.

I have some urethane thinner. I know it has MEK in it, possibly toluene. I'll have to try that - hopefully I have a red guinea pig hook lying around. Maybe that would work...I need some triple grips really bad because I keep losing bass on small factory hooks but the only ones at a decent price I can get in the sizes I want are red. The water is stained right now but when it gets back to 10 ft clarity I'm going to want bronze or especially silver.

Of course I'm sure removing the red will reveal bronze, but at least that will be camo against weeds, etc. I don't really know if I buy the "red dissapears" theory in clear water.

Bustin bass has some Triple Grip knockoffs on ebay. Not sure if they are good hooks or not.

Those hooks are needle sharp. They are Mustad and not knock offs. I've bought 100's of the #4, #6 and #2.

Those hooks are needle sharp. They are Mustad and not knock offs. I've bought 100's of the #4, #6 and #2.

No, I asked about this and he said they are not Mustad. Apparently generic. These are ebay only items, not found on bustinbassbaits.