The Dutchman

Mold Not Filling

First, I have no other problem with this mold. I really like it. However, the little antennae will not fill all the way. Anyone have the same problem or know what I can do to fix this.

Do not alter your mold . What type mold is it . I assume a craw. First thing the plastic may not be hot enough , 2nd it may not be soft enough . Third sometimes a warm mold flows better . Fourth if the air reliefs are slightly tight them you may have to put vacume to the mold or contact the vendor to see if they can help you .

First, I have no other problem with this mold. I really like it. However, the little antennae will not fill all the way. Anyone have the same problem or know what I can do to fix this.

I have the same mold and had the same problem until the mold warmed up from about 4 trial pours. After the mold was really quite warm all the little acvities seemed to fill all the way before cooling too much to flow properly. What about finding a way to warm it up a bit before trying to pour? That is what I was gonna do next time I tried but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Cadman did a write up on Frankford Arsenal bullet mold release: http://www.tackleunderground.com/community/topic/18965-lead-mold-release-spray/page__p__142162__hl__%2Bbullet+%2Bmold+%2Brelease__fromsearch__1#entry142162 Read the entire thread, it discusses pouring problems and solutions in post No9. If you do a search on Frankford Arsenal, there are 12 threads that might be worth reading, two of them have Frankford Arsenal in the title.

Dave

Cadman did a write up on Frankford Arsenal bullet mold release: http://www.tackleunderground.com/community/topic/18965-lead-mold-release-spray/page__p__142162__hl__%2Bbullet+%2Bmold+%2Brelease__fromsearch__1#entry142162 Read the entire thread, it discusses pouring problems and solutions in post No9. If you do a search on Frankford Arsenal, there are 12 threads that might be worth reading, two of them have Frankford Arsenal in the title.

Dave

The Frankford Mold realease works well with my lead molds. Not sure I would spray it on my plastic bait molds. It may transfer a little charcoal color onto my light colored plastic baits.

As for the BPC, I have that mold as well and do not have any issue shooting it cold using MF regular/medium plastic. Do you have a picture of the mold and a problem bait? That may help.

The Frankford Mold realease works well with my lead molds. Not sure I would spray it on my plastic bait molds. It may transfer a little charcoal color onto my light colored plastic baits.

As for the BPC, I have that mold as well and do not have any issue shooting it cold using MF regular/medium plastic. Do you have a picture of the mold and a problem bait? That may help.

I do appologise for not paying attention. Forgot which forum I was in. Getting senile in my old age.

Dave

I use MF regular and MF super soft. No salt. I only pour for myself so I only have one mold. I will pour until the mold is extremely hot and the antennae will not fill. I will get only about 1/2 inch to pour and then it will not fill. I have used extremely hot plastic (like water) and no glitter. No go!

I use MF regular and MF super soft. No salt. I only pour for myself so I only have one mold. I will pour until the mold is extremely hot and the antennae will not fill. I will get only about 1/2 inch to pour and then it will not fill. I have used extremely hot plastic (like water) and no glitter. No go!

Ok, Looks like you are pouring this mold. An injector may help fill those small appendages better.