Brett

Wow!

All I can say is wow. JUst stumbled here through a link, will be back! I make my own large musky baits. 10 to 14 inch body plus lip. Stainless wire through construction, mulitple pull eyes. Designed for large deep water fish. I fish the Niagara river and surrounding lakes. Took my personal best on one of my lures. Have had others land some nice fish as well on my baits. In the process of making some more. About an hours work away from primering 25 baits. Here's a pic. Rock on brothers!

brett2.jpg

Wow yourself, Brett! That is exactly the kind of lure-building that makes this site a place to come home to...I noticed the dual line ties...beautiful lures. Don't hesitate to weigh in with comments and opinions--that is how we all keep learning from each other around here.

Kudos, Dean

Thanks

The baits are wire through. I start by wiring the lip first. I feed the wire through the lip to create the two ties. Use a vice, pliers and vice grips. Works well you just have to make sure the wire does not twist as it will weaken it considerably. The lip is 1/4 " lexan which I cut out.

Just got in from the garage, finished painting today. Putting the eyes in 25 baits will be applying the finish in a few days. Work is paying off, funny how they start jumping out at you when you put those eyes on!

Will post a picture when there all finished.

Well, all my baits are finished. Used an epoxy from a local manufacturer. It's super clear, water proof. Worked very nice. Thorough mixing is the key. Well here's a poor photo of two that I finished the other day. These are my 10" body model, I call them the "river runners". White cedar body. Will be getting some better pics done and will post them. Have to say have picked up quite a few good tips from my brief stay here, thanks to all.

[/img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-11/503542/BJTYT-DCP_0008_2.JPG[/img]

Thanks Cliff. Have had them on bottom at over 40 ft. I am using med/Heavy 6'6" ugly sticks. Must be a saltwater rating. They handle them perfect. They're stiff but still transmit the action very nice. Run the river with the small ones 20ft with 34 ft of line out down current and 45 ft of line for 20 ft depth up current. I like the fact of the shortline to be able to run the drop off edge easier.