Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jigmeister

Molded Topwater Bait Flotation Help

3 posts in this topic

I have been working on a molded prototype topwater bait using "Quick Cast" polyurathane2 part casting resin

and adding micro-spheres to make the bait float . I need the maximum buoyantcy possible but was wondering if adding to much of the micro-spheres to the resin will weaken the finished bait . Anybody know what mix ratio is acceptable without compromising

structural strength? I remember reading here about another 2-part casting resin that made a floating bait without adding any micro spheres but dont recall the name.

Thanks-Ken

Featherlite is the one that floats with MB already added. I have found that 1-1 ratio is about all I dare with MB and yes for me it does weaken the bait. I also add cork to my baits for more bouancy but there are better methods disscussed here on the forum. I cant remember the thread name tho. The people may chime in but I would do a search for that thread had tons of great info.

Featherlite is the one that floats with MB already added. I have found that 1-1 ratio is about all I dare with MB and yes for me it does weaken the bait. I also add cork to my baits for more bouancy but there are better methods disscussed here on the forum. I cant remember the thread name tho. The people may chime in but I would do a search for that thread had tons of great info.

I think this was the thread.

Dave