BobFuller

Hi Guys And Gals, New To The Site And Have Some Questions!

Hi my name is bobby. I have recently gotten back into bass fishing after 6 years of die hard flyfishing! The thing is, when flyfishing I made all of my flies, and took some pride in catching fish with them. Now getting back into bass fishing I have hit a mental roadblock. I got used to making everything myself. Now that i am back to gear fishing I don't wanna depend on tackle companies for my baits. I tried researching the forum, but there is so much info crammed into here its crazy! What I'm looking for is tutorials or steps to making my own plastic crankbaits. I have made them from wood years ago but I really didn't like it. Do you have any videos and such that could get me started off in the right direction? I don't have anything yet as far as lure making goes. I used to make muskie spinners when I was a young boy, my father had his own lure business, but he only specialized in spinners. I hope I'm not asking too much, any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks Bobby

This thread is an excellent of this thread. You have to sign up and it is messy to get to word document, but the journey is well worth the effort I promise you. I don’t think it is ethically correct for me to post it here, but if you pm me your email, I will can send it, if you have any problems. It is a complex construction, but guaranteed to give good results.

HillyBilly1 posted a really good video on foam molding. You might get something out of it, but it is not about making the mold, but about the process of bait making. see post No8

This should be enough to get you started.

Dave

Edited by Vodkaman

I wish I did a vid of the mold making :blink:

The best thing to do in mold making is just take your time and check, check and recheck everything from the mold box to the seam line. If one thing is off the bait will come out bad and with the loss of the RTV and the time it can get on your nerves. I used Alumilite quickset RTV for my molds this is the instructions I used to do them Mold Tut it took a while but in the end there not perfect but I like'em and so do the fish. :blink: