Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ethan3

Basic Newbie Painting

5 posts in this topic

Hey, i am a soft plastics guy, but i just carved a swimbait out of cedar just for fun. What would be a good paint to use to paint it? Obviously, i cant airbrush. Thanks!

Hey, i am a soft plastics guy, but i just carved a swimbait out of cedar just for fun. What would be a good paint to use to paint it? Obviously, i cant airbrush. Thanks!

Diemai hand paints all his lures. Here is a video of him testing a few swimbaits, it will give you something to shoot for. Diemai mentions model enamel paints at 4:45 in the video:

Dave

Great looking action, I admire your patience in getting the action like that. Love the paint job also. Musky Glenn

Hey

I did a spraypaint step-by-step tutorial that may help you with paint steps. You'll have to seal the wood first.(but i dont do bare wood cranks so i cant help you there)

Heres the link to the tutorial:

http://www.tackleunderground.com/community/topic/22499-lure-painting-tutorial-froggy-pattern/page__p__168062#entry168062

Edited by RedSkullz