stratmanv

Tequila Sunrise

Does anyone have a recipe they can share with me for the purple half of tequila sunrise? I have a customer request for it and I am having trouble with it looking right. I have tried starting with white pearl pwdr, black -grape and violet hi-lite and it does not look right, close but not right. Any ideas. Thanks

Nice JIm, thanks. The color in the picture he sent was closer to the Gulp version,which is like another said,"redder". I used yours and he loved the pictures I sent...

Going with yours...I have always liked the "purple" version better myself...closer to culprits version of the color. I owe you one dude!

Anytime you need a sounding board just ask, I will be glad to help. You have always been willing to lend a hand, I appreciate it buddy.

You know Jim its funny...if you look at my original post I wasn't far off, the version I looked at was a lighter shade and "pearly" looking.

I wound up changing yours by adding a smidge of white pearl and 2 drops of LC strawberryand found a happy medium. Will post picture when camera battery isn't screaming "Im dead moron" anymore. Hahaa

I never have had a request for that "pink-red" tequila sunrise but know what you mean. I figured that you wanted the purple version as you were almost spot on with your try. I guess this is the Culprit version.....

I used to be a little hesitant on posting up recipes as it takes a lot of work to get some of them good but this thread is a good example of why I should.

I'd love to see the pics of your "happy medium" version. Also LOVE that version Chris referred back to. Old school and catches soooo good. Might have to pour myself some up this weekend!

Jim

Edited by ghostbaits