saltshaker

Need Color Help

Can't help you with the bone, but for chartreuse I like to mix a couple drops of blue into fluorescent yellow. I like the brighter color that the fluorescent yellow gives me. You should add your dominant color to your weaker color when mixing paint. Blue is much stronger than yellow and should be added to the yellow in small amounts. One drop of blue will turn quite a bit (quite a bit is a scientific measurement I use frequently) of yellow to green. On custom colors I use a lot of I will mix up an ounce or so and keep it in plastic bottles I got at the hobby shop. You can vary the chartreuse by adding varying amounts of the blue. If you don't want a bright chartreuse then just use a regular yellow. And if you want a transparent chartreuse then use transparent paints when mixing or get some Createx' transparent base to add to your mix if it was made using opaque paints.

Ben

For your bone color try mixing White, Sunrise Yellow and a very light touch of black or brown. The black or brown will help tone down the yellow to give it a natural bone look. I will try to paint a bone colored popper and post it here, in the next day or two, to see if that might be the color bone you are looking for.

Patrick

I start out with white paint and mix in a few drops of yellow and brown until I get what I want. Go slow.

Createx used to sell a true chartreuse, which was one of the ugliest colors known to man, in my opinion. I much prefer the Neon Yellow "as is".

I start out with white paint and mix in a few drops of yellow and brown until I get what I want. Go slow.

Createx used to sell a true chartreuse, which was one of the ugliest colors known to man, in my opinion. I much prefer the Neon Yellow "as is".

Yep, Createx Fluorescent Yellow straight works for me too.