Gar-Tracker

Removing Air Brush Tip

5 posts in this topic

I watched a video in where an artist advised removing the brush tip for fine lines, when I do this my brush stops shooting paint.

I tried a needle adjustment to no avail.

Anyone?

You will have to say what kind of airbrush you have. Iwata brushes you can take the tip off for finer detail, but a brush like the Badger 155 will not spray when you take the tip off.

I was gonna say, it depends on the airbrush....some won't work when the crown cap is removed....Badger and Paasche's are among those, but I know that Paasche sells a "paint picker" cap that pretty much does what your after when you remove that protective cap...it allows the needle to be exposed so you can get closer to your work which allows for finer details....I've also seen guys mod their caps with a file to achieve the same results....just might want an extra cap if your gonna go that route though...lol

I've also seen guys mod their caps with a file to achieve the same results....just might want an extra cap if your gonna go that route though...lol

And if you've got meat hooks for hands like I do you might want to order a few extra caps. :D I can just imagine all the cussing and getting down on my knees looking for dropped caps. :mad::censored::mad:

Ben