dochollow

Jointed Cranks?

thanks BBM, i have one of them and it didnt even cross my mind when i was pondering this problem. (its hell to get old):yay:

I use an exacto knife handle to hold the belly hook. THen take a tounge depressor and clip that to the handle and to the tail hook eye with small spring loaded clamps. Home cheapo has them for $.39 each. the work great.

Actually, this worries me slightly. Sometimes I get an idea and then I can actually sense the idea slipping away. The idea usually comes back in a few seconds but sometimes it is lost. As long as I continue to get ideas, I will not be too concerned. I haven't researched this, too afraid of what I might find :o

Dave

I made myself a jig out of a rectagular wood dowel maybe 1/2" X 1" or slightly larger , screwing in a big open eyescrew on either end of the narrower side, the kind for wall hangers .

These eyescrews must be protruding long enough for the lure to fit inbetween still keeping sufficient space to the dowel .

I'd use an "S"-shaped wire hook to attach the lure onto one eyescrew by it's line tie and a stronger rubber-O-ring to fix the blank to the opposing eyescrew by it's rear hook hanger eye .

Now I can wrap the rubber ring around the open eyescrew to get the multi-sectioned lure stretched out real firm , ........the tension generated is high enough to allow the lure to sit sturdy enough even for brush painting .

To mount the dowel jig for painting and drying , I utilize spring loaded clamps .

I also topcoat such lures this way , ...for my fast curing epoxy I do not need any rotisserie , ....but it should not be a problem to build a lure rotator to accommodate such dowel jigs .

The joining eyes of the lure would most likely clog up with paint and laquer this way , ....after curing I clean them off carefully with my "Dremel" and 1,0mm drill bits and small balsa , ...or a carpet knife .

good luck , diemai :yay:

I made myself a jig out of a rectagular wood dowel maybe 1/2" X 1" or slightly larger , screwing in a big open eyescrew on either end of the narrower side, the kind for wall hangers .

These eyescrews must be protruding long enough for the lure to fit inbetween still keeping sufficient space to the dowel .

I'd use an "S"-shaped wire hook to attach the lure onto one eyescrew by it's line tie and a stronger rubber-O-ring to fix the blank to the opposing eyescrew by it's rear hook hanger eye .

Now I can wrap the rubber ring around the open eyescrew to get the multi-sectioned lure stretched out real firm , ........the tension generated is high enough to allow the lure to sit sturdy enough even for brush painting .

To mount the dowel jig for painting and drying , I utilize spring loaded clamps .

I also topcoat such lures this way , ...for my fast curing epoxy I do not need any rotisserie , ....but it should not be a problem to build a lure rotator to accommodate such dowel jigs .

The joining eyes of the lure would most likely clog up with paint and laquer this way , ....after curing I clean them off carefully with my "Dremel" and 1,0mm drill bits and small balsa , ...or a carpet knife .

good luck , diemai :yay:

i like this idea, too :D thanks.