Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kris

Need Examples Of Custom Northern Pike Pattern

7 posts in this topic

Been asked to paint a Northern Pike pattern. I'm just a southern boy here and need a little help :D

May need to some education here .... but from what I've seen the northern pikes have either spots or stripes? What colors?

Thanks !

Been asked to paint a Northern Pike pattern. I'm just a southern boy here and need a little help :D

May need to some education here .... but from what I've seen the northern pikes have either spots or stripes? What colors?

Thanks !

There is some awesome samples of good pike patterns in the gallery.

they are mainly elongated spots that run horizontal on the fish. I have a paint schedule for them for taxidermists if I could only find it now.

There are some great pics on the web. If you Google images 'northern pike'. Once in Google images display, on the left side, you can select 'large', this filters out all the tiny pics. Here is a link to one pic that I thought was a good representation of the pattern, but there are plenty more where that came from.

Dave

Thanks for all the help. I'm supposed to do this for someone and want to make sure I get it right....and nice :)

Have some pics now and was wondering about the colors?