oldtoolsniper

Itty Bitty Letter Stencil

Best thing I've seen for itty bitty stuff like letters is to use Revell Decal Paper. You can get it a Hobby Lobby and I think Michaels.

You type up what you want in a word doc application and run the decal paper through your printer and then apply like a water slide decal.

My brother has done this and it works great. He even clears over the decal with no problem.

Best thing I've seen for itty bitty stuff like letters is to use Revell Decal Paper. You can get it a Hobby Lobby and I think Michaels.

You type up what you want in a word doc application and run the decal paper through your printer and then apply like a water slide decal.

My brother has done this and it works great. He even clears over the decal with no problem.

You can also use your signature by writing it and then take a digital photo of it. Then use a program to shrink it. Once it's done the way you want, you can print out a whole sheet of them on the decal paper and just clip them out as needed. You can even add a graphic if you want.

luresig.jpg

luresig.jpg

luresig.jpg

luresig.jpg

luresig.jpg

luresig.jpg

luresig.jpg

luresig.jpg

post-22611-0-99913200-1311557055_thumb.jpg

Hillbilly, Kris, and Gunnr,

Thanks so much for the info. I have seen that decal stuff at hobby lobby but I just figured it would be to simple and therefore it was not going to work. I see from the picture that it will work so my next question is how do I reduce my signature or the graphic I want to use to the correct size. I am the type of guy who has a hard time drawing a stick figure!

Gunnr,

that looks like my labratard!

Hillbilly, Kris, and Gunnr,

Thanks so much for the info. I have seen that decal stuff at hobby lobby but I just figured it would be to simple and therefore it was not going to work. I see from the picture that it will work so my next question is how do I reduce my signature or the graphic I want to use to the correct size. I am the type of guy who has a hard time drawing a stick figure!

Gunnr,

that looks like my labratard!

I use paint shop pro to shrink/edit photos. There might be some free software out there but I've never looked. They make a clear and an opaque/white paper, you probably want the clear for a lure signature. I also use them on blades for bucktails.

The pic is my hound, Gunner. I refer to him as a "labradumb" but I like labratard too.

tu1.jpg

tu2.jpg

tu1.jpg

tu2.jpg

tu1.jpg

tu2.jpg

tu1.jpg

tu2.jpg

tu1.jpg

tu2.jpg

tu1.jpg

tu2.jpg

tu1.jpg

tu2.jpg

tu1.jpg

tu2.jpg

post-22611-0-30385300-1311764432_thumb.jpg

post-22611-0-00017300-1311764449_thumb.jpg

I have read about all kinds of water slide paper.......most say to spray it with clear.......can anyone give me a good one to use and the process you use....thanks for you time

Take care, Brent

They make a clear paper as well as an opaque/white paper, it depends on what effect you want as to which one to use. Just print out the sized image on the paper and spray with a some type of sealer. I use a cheap indoor/outdoor clear enamel. I've heard of people using hair spray but I already but I get enough strange looks buying clear nail polish (thread sealer) and fabric (scale pattern material) so I stick with the enamel. Thank god they haven't found a use for lipstick or tampons in lure building!

Thank god they haven't found a use for lipstick or tampons in lure building!

actually there is - we have done this at work on "have to have it running now" situations - tampons make excellent filters/dryers for compressed air - use some 1/2 steel pipe and a cut to fit screen off a sink and there you go - super absorbant filter on the cheap - but embarrassing side

also i have used the paint app that is defaulted on most windows computers before with good results to shrink pics - resizing is under the image tap on it and you can set the amount you want to reduce/enlarge there

Edited by crzyjunyer

Just a heads up for you all reading this. I bought the testors custom decal system for $10.00 at Hobbly Lobby it comes with a small can of decal bonder and one sheet each of opaque and clear stencil material (half size of a normal sheet of paper). The box states there is a CD that dives you a stencil making program and it does. the program has about 25 stencils you can use and you can print most types of text with it, you cannot import anything to the program without buying a $9.95 upgrade plus $5.95 for shipping. The box is misleading to say the least. The stencil paper is curled around that little can so don't expect to feed it to your printer until you get it back to flat. In my case it will do the lettering I want provided I can get the paper flat.

Gunner, a Marine? My brown lab is named Paco!

How would you discover you can push air through a tampon?

How would you discover you can push air through a tampon?

I was wondering the same thing. :huh:

Here's the link where I get my decal paper and supplies from. They have everything you need. Decal paper for ink jet or laser jet printers, fixative spray, etc.

Ben

http://www.papilio.com/

Edited by RayburnGuy