mark poulson

Underwater Videos

http://www.youtube.c...+lure+test&aq=f

Mostly jig and plastics tests, but at quick glance there seemed to be some cranks in there as well.

Thanks Sam.

I checked it out, but no topwater videos.

I did find a couple of videos of an old friend, Dave Roberson, who passed away a few years ago at a young age. It was nice to see him again, even if it was just on video.

I spoke to Mark and he raised the question of how visible lures are from beneath. I was only able to angle the camera slightly upwards, to investigate a fishes eye view of the lure.

Although not representative of an open lake, the tank is in the shade and the side walls and shallow bottom provide some reflection, I feel that the colors are very visible for a surface lure in daylight.

Just for a laugh, I have included a tour of my man cave.

Dave

Thanks for the tour Dave, now I can see/appreciate what you have been up to for the past 12 months,, very interesting.

also liked the fish eye view of your lure, something I know I tend to forget is that top reflection, wonder if it spooks them at all???.

Pete

Edited by hazmail

@ mark poulson

Mark , there are heaps and heaps of underwater lure videos around on YouTube , ....BUT , ......I can't remember to have seen a topwater lure filmed from down below(that does not mean , that there won't be some around) .

There is a guy , that filmed lure actions trolling them at boatside , ...probably there was a topwater amongst these :unsure: , .......but heck , I just can't remember nor find his channel anymore .

Here is another one , .....no topwaters though , ...but nice underwater videos amongst them :

http://www.youtube.com/user/OntarioFishing?blend=22&ob=5

Just scroll down all of his uploads !

greetz , Dieter :yay:

Thanks Pete and Patrick.

I shot and posted the video to show how visible lures are from below. I am sure many people believe that only a shape or shadow is visible. At night, this would be true, but in daylight, apparently not. Someone needs to get wet and video something from a lake for a more definitive answer.

Interesting point Pete, about the reflection. All that time in my youth spent creeping about in camo, to blend in, was all a waste of time. The fish cannot see you, they have a window of 97 degrees above only. Here is a link to an explanation.

I am going to modify my under water camera box, to take a steeper view. The box has sprung a leak, so needs work anyway.

Dave

Dieter,

Thanks for the link. Some fun stuff there, for sure.

Dave,

How do you keep the neighborhood kids out of you test tank? On a hot day, that's where I'd be!

Good question. In the video, at 48 secs, you can see the cover panels. These remove temptation and prevent the tank from turning green with algae, also keeps the mosquitos out. I was expecting to have a few problems with the local kids, but they are scared of me. They call mr Mr Botak (bald). I am the only white guy living around these parts.

It is quite embarrassing, everyone comes around when I take the covers off, to see what I am testing today.

Dave