shaggy469

Two Color Worm Molds

I am looking for Bob's Molds link and a link to get aluminum worm molds with slide bars to do different color tails .

All help appreciated Thanx .

Slide bar molds seemed like a neat idea to me when I first started looking different color tails. I played with it some, and finally decided that I would be more efficient making a separate tail mold instead. I can design it with a tapered intersection so it fuses well, and I only "have to" work with one color at a time. I can also make tail molds that will allow me lots of tails at a time.

I can see the fascination with a slide bar mold though. If you work quickly the second color should fuse well since the first color will still be pretty hot. I made a couple (never having seen how anybody else did it) and they were ok, and I learned a lot, but I finally decided that making a separate tail mold was easier for me.

If you are talking about the Bob's I think, then I think he joined up with Kevin at Bass Tackle.

These were made with separate "tail" molds:

http://www.tackleund...23-21-05-35-509

I could not figure out the dynamics of making a slidebar mold with more than one cavity. Well, I figured out how to do it with two slidebars, but that just seemed to be overkill to me.

Edited by Bob La Londe