deadgame11

Slowing Lure Fall Rate

Im trying to slow the sink rate for my H20 express bluegill swimbait. Im already using 20lb mono. Im thinking of trying to remove some of the bbs inside. Im not sure where to start.

IM not familiar with the h20's but that would be a good start. But its all in the way its ballast if it has large balls for weight and small ones for sound then you may not have a rattle when your done.

@ deadgame11

An almost impossible task , I'd say , ....not much you can do other than downsizing trebles and splitrings , like Mark had already mentioned .

On a timber lure you could also drill out material at the back and plug the holes it with some more buoyant material , ...but on a hollow hard plastic lure this would be impossible , as there is only air inside(won't try to fill in any exotic gas lighter than air , would you ? :D ) !

Removing any BB's is not an option in my opinion , as it would surely alter the swimming balance of the lure as well , ...what's the use of a lure sinking as slow as desired , but getting to lay on it's side as soon as you'd start to retrieve it ?

I only see the option to stick some kinda buoyant material on the back and/or either top side of the lurebody ,........ it should be flat and snug against the lure body not to create an entirely wider body shape ,........maybe thin slices of PVC decking or maybe a certain kinda tape consisting of an isolating foam material and an adhesive backing might work as well(???) , ....it is used to insulate gaps and slots between windows or doors and their frames against draught air passing through .

You might roughly paint these buoyant pads over in matching colors , ...won't look pretty for sure but might fulfill your purposes ?

Just my :twocents: , ........................good luck , diemai :yay: