BJBarron

Owner Zo Wiret Flipping Hook

The only flipping hook made from the new zo wire t has the twist lock with a centering pin, the only mold you'll get that hook to fit is a custom mold so I hope you have some cash because it won't be cheap. If you want to be a little creative and save a few bucks you could use the Do-it slip jig mold, it is basically a bullet sinker with a neck that allows you to add a skirt so you can use the hook you want with the soft platic of your choice and have the weight of a jig head and the skirt. What you'll end up with is a texas rigged bait with a weight and skirt, it probably isn't what you had in mind but you must remember, the hook you want to use isn't intended to be used as a jig so it has a short bend close to the eye and from what I know, there isn't a jig mold that is close enough to modify to make the hook fit and that makes for one choice and that is custom. Why do you need/want to use that hook? I make a flipping jig using the Owner 5304 deep throat jig hook and it really sticks fish plus it is super strong, Owner also make a few other models of jig hooks, those are what you should be looking at to make a jig.

It was just a thought I couldn't get off my mind while I was in the boat Saturday. I already have ordered the weedless bullet jig by doit molds for some personal jigs making to learn with.

Plus I just really like that hook and the owner xxx hook. Just thought I could put my favorite hook and favorite jig head together.

Yes mill work is exspensive to say the least, but I do have access to a older maual one that just sits in the back collecting dust.

It was just a thought I couldn't get off my mind while I was in the boat Saturday. I already have ordered the weedless bullet jig by doit molds for some personal jigs making to learn with.

Plus I just really like that hook and the owner xxx hook. Just thought I could put my favorite hook and favorite jig head together.

I've used the ZO hooks in a stock Do-It Poisontail jig mold, work quite well as a matter of fact! :)

I've used the ZO hooks in a stock Do-It Poisontail jig mold, work quite well as a matter of fact! :)

And you did this without bending the hook? Kind of strange because I have the smaller size poisontail mold and the only way for me to fit that hook was to bend it in 2 spots. I first cut the centering pin off and laid the hook in all 3 cavities and it isn't close, the bend is too close to the eye so that had to be straightened out and then another bend had to be made below the previous bend, I'm not saying you're wrong but please show me howw you made it fit without bending the hook.

For anyones curiosity the Owner Zo Flipping hook fit all the cavities just fine. Aslo layed the Owner twist lock XXX and the Gama super line hook the heavy wire and the fit fine. Haven't had a chance to pour the lead to them for the fine test fit. Still waiting on my melting ladel to arrive today. Man I hate waiting for the mail. Lol.

Thanks

BJ Barron