littleriver

Lure Turner

Hello everyone just wanted to share an idea I am now using. After searching for a cheap lure turner, I finally have one.

I took an old microwave with a working turntable and converted it to a lure turner . Very easy and cheap. It also makes a

nice dust free environment for the lures to dry in. Plus it has a built in timer. Just disconnected everything except timer and

turntable. Lay it on it's side and install something to attach lures.

Caution microwaves have a very large capacitor high voltage

known to kill. Be careful!!!

Thats kind of funny every one else takes them apart and only takes the motor. Build a control panel. Then builds a box. Then puts a light in there to heat it. You just take a microwave cut two wires shove a stick in it and start working. I love it, your a genus! The only thing I think I would add is extending the wires for the light and putting a hotter light in there to help the curing. Thanks

Sound Advice Kelly. Only reason I disconnected my light was because it attracted insects. Often I work at night in an exterior gargage with door open. Maybe this winter when I move things indoors I will turn the light back on.

After looking for cheap lure turner motors on ebay that met my specs, I realized a microwave would be great. I started my search for a free broken one with a good turntable. As luck would have it in two days time I had my free microwave from work. It took longer to get the approval to take home than to convert. I think in about 30minutes I was turning lures. Hardest part was finding center on top of box for the upper shaft( bolt). I see them all the time going out with the trash. That is alot of good turners going to waste.

Vic