RiverMan

dupligator

Jed,

I bought the plans and built one, back when Jerry had his old site going. I am just good enough with a saw to keep the ER docs happy, so it took me quite a while to build. Have not used it enough to have many tips or tricks yet. I was just happy when I was able to duplicate a bait instead of just chewing up balsa.

I think there is a lot of potential in the device, just a lot of personal touches to add. For round (balsa b type cranks, minnows, etc) baits it is pretty cool. Looks a bit like the machine pictured in the Stanfords Cedar crank website, also kind of like some of the "reproducers" for router use. Might be pretty slick for your floats.

Shoot me some mail if you have more Q's.

Jed,

Have only tried it on balsa. Am sure it would work on other woods, probably just require more time in the pit.

Try searching yahoo for scrollsaw, woodworking, etc and you should turn up the other "reproducers". Those are the devices used to reproduce wooden lettered signs and such, not sure they would have any use for us. The pic at Stanford's is pretty neat, it is in the photo tour section.

http://www.stanfordlures.com/